Request for consultation
Prepare students with a solid understanding of macroeconomic principles and how these principles affect their daily lives with Sexton's unique EXPLORING MACROECONOMICS, 7E. Rather than a traditional encyclopedic text filled with technical details, this book offers a modern, "back-to-basics" approach designed to encourage economic literacy and help students appreciate how macroeconomics impacts life today. The latest edition of this reader-friendly book includes new online learning tools, a visually appealing design, and the latest captivating content to encourage students to read and master the material. Packed with examples from current events and pop culture, EXPLORING MACROECONOMICS makes macroeconomic concepts less intimidating while conveying the real-world relevance of what students are learning. A wealth of helpful resources, including the leading Aplia online homework solution, MindTap™ online learning resources, and Write Experience, work together to further demonstrate macroeconomic applications in today's world. Throughout this course, the author shares and inspires in students the same excitement he felt when he took his first economics class.
- NEW GRAPHING FLASH CARDS ASSIST IN THE STUDY AND MASTERY OF ECONOMIC GRAPHS. These new Graphing Flash Cards, available on MindTap™, enable students to study and test their understanding of economic graphs in the book. The Graphing Flash Cards are digital, interactive flash cards adapted to work with this edition's graphs, questions, and answers.
- NEW FREQUENTLY MISSED TEST QUESTIONS (FMTQs) HELP PINPOINT POSSIBLE AREAS OF CHALLENGE. Available on MindTap™, the FMTQs represent the macroeconomic concepts and questions most often missed by students. The book's author, Dr. Robert Sexton, provides helpful short videos that further explain and clarify these areas of possible confusion for students.
- NEW PRACTICE TEST GENERATOR HELPS STUDENTS PREPARE FOR TEST SUCCESS. The Practice Test Generator on MindTap™ provides a variety of multiple-choice questions to help students further prepare for a quiz or an exam. The Practice Test Generator offers a detailed analysis of areas of strengths and weaknesses to better assess a student's individual needs.
- NUMEROUS NEW STORIES AND VIBRANT EXAMPLES REFLECT CURRENT EVENTS AND DEVELOPMENTS. Students see macroeconomics in practice through memorable examples such as how Chilean bus drivers respond to incentives, how fishermen in Mumbia use cell phones, Venezuelan price controls, and housing prices in Houston and New York City.
- THE LATEST CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS RECENT MACROECONOMIC AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENTS THROUGHOUT THE BOOK AND SUPPLEMENTS. Students learn from examples and data that reflect the most recent changes and macroeconomic advancements within the book, and the Electronic Test Bank, PowerPoint® slides, and Instructor's Manual help you reinforce these timely principles and applications.
- DYNAMIC WRITING STYLE BRINGS MACROECONOMIC PRINCIPLES TO LIFE. The author's intriguing approach helps students stay interested in the material, and the text's brief, easy-to-digest sections, built-in review questions, and frequent real-life examples and applications make learning macroeconomics easier and more effective.
- LEADING Aplia ONLINE HOMEWORK MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ENCOURAGES INTERACTIVE LEARNING. Aplia offers a comprehensive collection of interactive macroeconomic problem sets, analysis, tutorials, and experiments that require students to take an active role in the learning process. Students benefit from hands-on applications without creating extra work for you. The system automatically grades and records homework and works with any learning management system.
- CONTENT BUILDS ON WELL-KNOWN PRINCIPLES OF LEARNING AND MEMORY. Students are able to absorb the macroeconomic material more easily and completely with this book's proven approach. Each chapter includes several short sections of just three to six pages that present a macroeconomic concept and function as self-contained learning units. This approach offers greater flexibility for you and allows students to grasp and retain information more readily.
- CHAPTERS HIGHLIGHT THE CONNECTION BETWEEN MACROECONOMICS AND EVERYDAY ISSUES. Students learn as they examine macroeconomics at work in intriguing topics such as sex on television, property rights, and song swapping. "In the News" synopses present relevant and thought-provoking news stories, and "Global Watch" features explore economic causes and implications of international current events. In addition, "Using What You've Learned" exercises challenge students to apply key concepts from the text.
- APPEALING DESIGN AND ABUNDANT VISUALS KEEP READERS ENGAGED. This book's visual approach helps keep students immersed in macroeconomics and actively learning as the book's photos, graphs, tables, and charts illustrate, clarify, and reinforce key macroeconomic principles.
1. The Role and Method of Economics.
Appendix: Working with Graphs.
2. Eight Powerful Ideas.
3. Scarcity, Trade-Offs, and Production Possibilities.
Part II: SUPPLY AND DEMAND.
4. Demand, Supply, and Market Equilibrium.
5. Market in Motion and Price Controls.
Part III: MARKET EFFICIENCY, MARKET FAILURE, AND THE PUBLIC SYSTEM.
7. Market Efficiency and Welfare.
8. Market Failure.
9. Public Finance and Public Choice.
Part IV: MACROECONOMIC FOUNDATIONS.
10. Introduction to Macroeconomics: Unemployment, Inflation, and Economic Fluctuations.
11. Measuring Economic Performance.
12. Economic Growth in the Global Economy.
13. Financial Markets, Saving, and Investment.
Appendix: Calculating Present Value.
Part V: THE MACROECONOMIC MODELS.
14. Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply.
15. The Aggregate Expenditure Model.
Part VI: MACROECONOMIC POLICY.
16. Fiscal Policy.
17. Money, Banking, and the Federal Reserve System.
18. Monetary Policy.
19. Issues in Macroeconomic Theory and Policy.
Part VII: THE GLOBAL ECONOMY.
20. International Trade.
21. International Finance.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access for Sexton's Exploring Microeconomics
Cengage Learning Testing powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.