Request for consultation
Internationally recognized for its successful problem-management and opportunity development approach to effective helping, Egan's classic book is now available in a briefer, paperback edition. ESSENTIALS OF SKILLED HELPING offers an accessible presentation of Egan's three-stage model through its streamlined content, simpler language, and case studies.
1. Introduction to Helping.
2. The Helping Relationship and the Values that Drive it.
PART II: THE THERAPEUTIC DIALOGUE.
3. The Basics of Communication: Visibly Tuning in to Clients and Active Listening.
4. Communicating Empathy and Checking Understanding.
5. The Art of Probing and Summarizing.
6. Helping Clients Challenge Themselves.
7. Challenging Skills and the Wisdom Needed to Use Them.
PART III: THE STAGES AND TASKS OF THE HELPING MODEL.
8. Stage I. Helping Clients Tell Their Stories.
9. Stage II. Helping Clients Identify, Choose, and Shape Problem-Managing Goals.
10. Stage III. Helping Clients Develop Strategies and Plans for Accomplishing Their Goals.
11. The Action Arrow: Helping Clients Overcome Obstacles and Get Results.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
eBank Instructor's Manual with Testbank
This manual, only available electronically via e-mail, contains multiple-choice test items per chapter, chapter overviews, lecture highlights, discussion items, classroom activities, video and Web site recommendations.
Skilled Helping Around the World: Addressing Diversity and Multiculturalism Booklet