Request for consultation
Teach students to maximize the use of mobile devices, make the most of online tools for collaboration and communications, and fully utilize today’s Internet capabilities with the latest edition DISCOVERING COMPUTERS ENHANCED. Introductory computing students see how technology skills assist in employment and advancing careers. This edition highlights the most recent developments in computer tools and technology with new emphasis on Web Development, creating a strong web presence, and the latest Windows 10 information. To keep content as current as possible, online coverage of contemporary technology developments builds on the book’s discussions. The authors emphasize actionable content with a proven learning structure and practice to reinforce key skills. Self-assessments open each chapter, enabling learners to target study and learn more in less time. DISCOVERING COMPUTERS ENHANCED presents the content students need to succeed in a way that ensures understanding.
- NEW WEB DEVELOPMENT APPENDIX EMPHASIZES SKILLS FOR CREATING A WEB PRESENCE. This content gives you the flexibility to highlight the key skills your students need to establish and maintain a strong presence on today’s Web by providing a hands on opportunity to create a project in HTML5.
- UPDATED REFERENCES REFLECT MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10. Your students learn to maximize the latest features of the new Microsoft® Windows 10 as they progress throughout this edition.
- BOOK’S STRUCTURE AND ORGANIZATION IMPROVES RETENTION AND UNDERSTANDING. The authors have used their teaching experience and technical expertise to present the information in a way that encourages students to retain the material. The book’s unique approach promotes transference of knowledge.
- CHAPTERS ARE STRUCTURED TO HIGHLIGHT TOPICS MOST IMPORTANT FOR SUCCESS. All material is formatted to enhance the reader’s learning experience and highlight key information students need to know at home, at school, and at work.
- END-OF-CHAPTER ASSIGNMENTS PROVIDE CRITICAL HANDS-ON PRACTICE. The authors have carefully designed all assignments to help students refine the skills that are most important for their success in your course and in their future coursework and employment.
- UNIFYING THEMES CONNECT FEATURE BOXES AND MARGIN NOTES. Interesting in-chapter feature boxes and content reinforces each chapter’s theme and effectively directs readers’ attention to practical applications.
- ROBUST LEARNING FEATURES REFINE CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS. Consider This boxes, Ethics and Issues boxes, and questions posed throughout the book challenge students to critically evaluate and determine solutions for contemporary technology dilemmas.
- LATEST TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENTS KEEP YOUR COURSE AS CURRENT AS POSSIBLE. Internet Research elements, Technology @Work boxes, Technology Innovators, and Facebook posts/Twitter tweets help you present the most up to date information and technology developments to your students.
1. Introducing Today’s Technologies: Computers, Devices, and the Web.
2. Connecting And Communicating Online: The Internet, Websites, and Media.
3. Computers And Mobile Devices: Evaluating Options for Home and Work.
4. Programs And Apps: Productivity, Graphics, Security, and Other Tools.
5. Digital Security, Ethics, And Privacy: Threats, Issues, and Defenses.
Feature: Technology Timeline.
6. Computing Components: Processors, Memory, the Cloud, and More.
7. Input And Output: Extending Capabilities of Computers and Mobile Devices.
8. Digital Storage: Preserving Content Locally and in the Cloud.
9. Operating Systems: Managing, Coordinating, and Monitoring Resources.
10. Communicating Digital Content: Wired and Wireless Networks and Devices.
11. Building Solutions: Database, System, and Application Development Tools.
12. Working In The Enterprise: Systems, Certifications, and Careers.
Appendix A: Acronym Reference.
Appendix B: Troubleshooting Computer and Mobile Device Problems
Focus On: Web Development.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Companion Website
Discover everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download helpful PowerPoint® presentations, the timesaving Solutions Manual and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.