Request for consultation
ELECTRICAL WIRING COMMERCIAL, 14E has been extensively revised for the 2011 National Electrical Code®. Full-color drawings and product photographs illustrate difficult concepts of the Code to increase your students understanding of the application in the wiring process. There is an emphasis on "going green" with electrical design and installation. To provide further practice, updated back of the book blueprints include plans that incorporate handicapped accessibility in commercial structures. For planning a commercial space there are panel board worksheets, load calculation forms, and panel board schedules provided for each of five tenant spaces plus the owner's space. Expanded coverage on Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) demonstrates an emphasis on safety throughout.
- Updated to the 2011 National Electrical Code®.
- Full-color drawings and product photographs make the art increasingly useful and understandable.
- "Going green" emphasis in electrical design and installation.
- Service equipment and feeders have been extensively revised and new coverage of handicapped accessibility is included to present many enhanced training opportunities.
- Expanded coverage on safety in the workplace from Occupational Safety and Health.
- Practical examples are used throughout to reinforce key calculations and concepts.
- Both metric and English measurements are used to appeal to readers of all learning backgrounds.
- Crisscross Code Index allows users to reference specific content and Code requirements with ease.
2. Reading Electrical Working Drawings—Entry Level.
3. Calculating the Electrical Load.
4. Branch Circuits.
5. Switches and Receptacles.
6. Wiring Methods.
7. Motor and Appliance Circuits.
9. Special Systems.
10. Working Drawings—Upper Level.
11. Special Circuits (Owner's Circuits).
12. Panelboard Selection and Installation.
13. The Electric Service.
14. Lamps and Ballasts for Lighting.
16. Emergency, Legally Required Standby, and Optional Standby Power Systems.
17. Overcurrent Protection: Fuses and Circuit Breakers.
18. Short-Circuit Calculations and Coordination of Overcurrent Protective Devices.
19. Equipment and Conductor Short-Circuit Protection.
20. Low-Voltage Remote Control.
21. The Cooling System.
Appendix A: Electrical Specifications.
Appendix B: Useful Formulas.
Appendix C: NEMA Enclosures Types.
Appendix D: Outdoor Air Temperatures for Selected U.S. Cities.
Appendix E: Metric System of Measurement.
Appendix F: Glossary.
Appendix G: Web Sites.
Appendix H: Electrical Symbols.
Code Reference Index.
Plans for a Commercial Building (Attached to the Inside Back Cover).
Sheet A1: Plot Plan, East Elevation, West Elevation.
Sheet A2: Architectural Floor Plan: Basement.
Sheet A3: Architectural Floor Plan: First Floor.
Sheet A4: Architectural Floor Plan: Second Floor.
Sheet A5: Elevations: North and South.
Sheet A6: Sections: Longitudinal, Transverse.
Sheet E1: Electrical Working Drawing: Basement.
Sheet E2: Electrical Working Drawing: Entry Level.
Sheet E3: SECOND FLOOR ELECTRICAL PLAN.
Sheet E4: PANELBOARD & SERVICE SCHEDULES, ONE-LINE DIAG.
All-You-Can-Learn Access with Cengage Unlimited
Cengage Unlimited is the first-of-its-kind digital subscription that gives students total and on-demand access to all the digital learning platforms, ebooks, online homework and study tools Cengage has to offer—in one place, for one price. Students get unlimited access to a library of more than 22,000 products for $119.99 per term.