Request for consultation
Help students visualize economics in action with the most pedagogically rich, complete text on the market: Irvin Tucker's MICROECONOMICS FOR TODAY, 9E. This dynamic book offers a clear, engaging writing style ideal for students at all levels. Written by a national award-winning educator, MICROECONOMICS FOR TODAY provides a unique textual and visual learning system that presents and reinforces core concepts, then immediately assesses comprehension to ensure understanding. The author highlights the latest information on economic growth, income distribution, federal deficits, environmental issues, and other economic developments while applying concepts to everyday life.
- NEW SECTION REVIEW QUIZZES TEST STUDENT COMPREHENSION. After each section, new section review questions, available in MindTap®, allow students to test their knowledge of material that was just presented. Instructions for incorrect questions clearly explain why an answer is incorrect. No other text provides multiple-choice sample quizzes with a tutorial after each section.
- NEW ADAPTIVE TEST PREP APP HELPS STUDENTS PREPARE FOR TEST SUCCESS. Students are able to generate multiple practice tests across chapters and sections to assess their level of understanding prior to your course exams. This unique, student-focused resource program grades the practice tests and indicates areas that students have or have not been mastered. Students receive an Adaptive Study Plan that includes highly targeted remediation resources. The Adaptive Study Plan, available through MindTap, also directs students to pertinent pages in the text where practice question materials are referenced.
- NEW AUTHOR-CREATED VIDEOS FURTHER CLARIFY KEY ECONOMIC CONCEPTS. These author-developed features capture students' attention while providing further clarification of the key economic concepts throughout this edition.
- PROGRESSION GRAPHS WITH GRAPH BUILDER DEMONSTRATES HOW GRAPHS ARE DEVELOPED STEP BY STEP. Students see graphical exhibits developed in a step-by-step layer process through both MindTap® and Aplia. Students watch demand and supply curves shift to establish changes in equilibrium. They even practice creating meaningful graphs themselves with Graph Builder, by being presented with a scenario, create their own graph, and then get instant feedback, all the while being able to try the graph again and again.
- LEADING Aplia DIGITAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ENCOURAGES INTERACTIVE LEARNING. Aplia is the most successful and widely used homework solution in the Economics market. Online interactive problem sets, analyses, tutorials, experiments, and critical-thinking exercises give students hands-on application without adding to instructors' workload. Based on discovery learning, Aplia requires students to take an active role in the learning process--helping them improve their economic understanding and ability to relate to the economic concepts presented. Instructors can assign homework that is automatically graded and recorded.
- DISTINCTIVE PART ROAD MAPS REVIEW KEY MATERIAL FROM EACH PART. This feature concludes each part with review questions from the previous part, organized by chapter. To reinforce the concepts, each set of questions relates to the interactive Causation Chain Game. Students simply click on the Tucker website to make review fun. Answers to the questions are available on the Instructor's Resource Center.
- LEADING Aplia DIGITAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ENCOURAGES INTERACTIVE LEARNING. Aplia offers comprehensive interactive economic problem sets, analyses, tutorials, experiments and critical thinking exercises that require students to take an active role in the learning process. Based on discovery learning, the system helps students improve economic understanding without creating extra work for you, the instructor. The system automatically grades and records homework and works with any learning management system.
- ONE-OF-A-KIND LARGE GRAPHICAL PRESENTATIONS VISUALLY REINFORCE KEY CONCEPTS. Each exhibit has been carefully analyzed to ensure that key concepts clearly stand out. These graphics incorporate grid lines and real-world numbers. When actual data is used, helpful website references are provided so that students can easily locate data sources.
- CAUSATION CHAIN GAME HELPS STUDENTS VISUALIZE COMPLEX ECONOMIC RELATIONSHIPS. A favorite with instructors, highly successful causation chains are included under many graphs throughout the text. This pedagogical device helps students visualize complex economic relationships using simple box diagrams that illustrate how one change causes another change. Each causation chain in the text has a corresponding Animated Causation Chain game within Tucker's MindTap solution. This game makes it fun to learn and succeed!
- EXCLUSIVE "ANALYZE THE ISSUE" FEATURES TEST STUDENTS' UNDERSTANDING OF PRINCIPLES. These challenging features follow each "You're the Economist" or "Global Economics" insert. They are designed to check students' understanding of how the content specifically relates to practical economic concepts. Specific, thought-provoking questions prompt meaningful classroom discussions or may be assigned for homework. Corresponding answers appear in the Instructor's Manual.
- UNIQUE CHECKPOINTS GENERATE STUDENT INTEREST AND PROMPT CRITICAL THINKING. Who says learning economics cannot be fun? Unique, engaging "Checkpoints" spark students' interest while checking their progress using challenging economics puzzles in a game-like style. Students enjoy analyzing and answering intriguing questions, and checking answers at the end of the chapter. They gain personal satisfaction as they realize they have truly mastered a concept.
1. Introducing the Economic Way of Thinking.
Appendix. Applying Graphs to Economics.
2. Production Possibilities, Opportunity Cost, and Economic Growth.
Part II. MICROECONOMIC FUNDAMENTALS.
3. Market Demand and Supply.
Appendix. Consumer Surplus, Producer Surplus, and Market Efficiency.
4. Markets in Action.
Appendix. Applying Supply and Demand Analysis to Health Care.
5. Price Elasticity of Demand and Supply.
6. Consumer Choice Theory.
Appendix: Indifference Curve Analysis.
7. Production Costs.
Part III. MARKET STRUCTURES.
8. Perfect Competition.
10. Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly.
11. Labor Markets.
Part IV. MICROECONOMIC POLICY ISSUES.
12. Income Distribution, Poverty, and Discrimination.
13. Antitrust and Regulation.
14: Environmental Economics.
Part V. THE INTERNATIONAL ECONOMY.
15. International Trade and Finance.
16. Economies in Transition.
17. Growth and the Less-Developed Countries.
Appendix A: Answers to Odd-Numbered Study Questions and Problems.
Appendix B: Answers to Sample Quizzes.
Appendix C: Answers to Road Map Questions.
"MindTap's greatest strengths are the progress tracking and the ability to add [your own] materials that are gradable."
"I'm convinced that the higher course ratings and grades were, in large part, a result of students' engagement. It was an unmitigated success."
"Almost across the board, students using MindTap improved on the main learning objectives of the class ...I've never seen any results like this."
"MindTap was very useful – it was easy to follow and everything was right there."
"I'm definitely more engaged because of MindTap."
"MindTap puts practice questions in a format that works well for me."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access for Tucker's Macroeconomics For Today
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content. You can create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, in your classroom.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access for Tucker's Microeconomics For Today
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content. Create multiple test versions in an instant, and deliver tests from your LMS or in your classroom.