Request for consultation
Get your next HVAC job done right - the first time - with this new reference guide from an industry leader in contractor education. The DEWALT HVAC Code Reference uses the International Mechanical Code® as the foundation for providing readers with the knowledge and skills needed to install or modify HVAC equipment successfully. With 75 pages of illustrated code requirements, violations, and installation concerns, this book covers everything from materials and duct construction to chimneys, vents, grease duct systems, and more. With detailed, full-color illustrations to help readers visualize and apply key concepts, this book is a "must-have" for anyone working on HVAC equipment. Check out our app, DEWALT® Mobile Pro™. This free app is a construction calculator with integrated reference materials and access to hundreds of additional calculations as add-ons. To learn more, visit dewalt.com/mobilepro.
- Updated to the 2015 International Mechanical Code®.
- Content is completely current and up-to-date with industry standards.
- Compact size and easy-to-use quick reference format puts "must-know" information at readers' fingertips readily, for on-the-job success.
- Special cover material is flexible, tear-resistant, and water-and-oil resistant for ease of use in a shop or under the toughest job site conditions.
- Spiral binding allows the books to lay flat when opened while keeping the pages securely intact.
- Full color illustrations clarify key concepts and procedures.
2. Permits and Inspection.
3. Mechanical System Installation.
Drilling and Notching.
Appliances in Attics. Appliances in Compartments. Appliances in Garages. Appliances Under the Floor. Appliances on Roof.
6. Exhaust Systems.
Clothe Dryers. Range Hoods/Microwaves. Mechanical Ventilation. Natural Ventilation.
7. Required Heating.
8. Required Venting.
9. Duct Systems.
10. Return Air.
11. Boilers and Water Heaters.
Boilers. Expansion Tank.
12. Combustion Air.
Confined and Unconfined Space. Vertical Ducts to Attic. Crawl Space and Attic Venting. Prohibited Sources. Single Opening — All from Outdoors. Vertical Ducts. Horizontal Ducts.
Venting and Flues. Required Vent Diameter. Vent Termination.
14. Crawl Space.
Inside Equipment. Outside Equipment. Conductor Sizing. Air Handlers. Condensing Units. Package Units.
16. Manual J Load Calculation.
17. Heat Loss.
18. Heat Gain.
19. Propane Tank Placement.
20. Propane Tanks.
21. Piping System Installation.
22. Gas Pipe Sizing.
Longest Length Method. Calculating the Longest Length. Identifying the Proper Row to Use on the Table. Sizing the Pipe.
23. Appliances in Bedrooms.
24. Condensate Lines.
25. Gas Appliance Connections.
26. Table G2428.2(1) [504.2(1)], Type B Double Wall Gas Vent.
27. Reference Tables.
Minimum Distance Between the Lowest Edge of a Grease Filter and the Cooking or Heating Surface. Gauges of Metal Ducts and Plenums Used for Heating or Cooling. Minimum Exhaust Rates for 1- and 2-Family Dwellings.
28. Reduction of Combustible Clearances.
29. Residential Duct Sizing Guide – Rectangular and Round.
Heating Capacity Formula. Cooling Capacity Formula. Figuring in Gallons: Round Tanks.
31. Factors and Formulas.
Correction Factor. Belt Drive Formulas. Watts of Heat. Nominal Air Flow. Approximate Heat Values: BTU's.
All-You-Can-Learn Access with Cengage Unlimited
Cengage Unlimited is the first-of-its-kind digital subscription that gives students total and on-demand access to all the digital learning platforms, ebooks, online homework and study tools Cengage has to offer—in one place, for one price. Students get unlimited access to a library of more than 22,000 products for $119.99 per term.