Request for consultation
2017 CODiE Award Winner for Best Emerging Education Technology System. Developed in partnership with the International Code Council and the National Fire Protection Association, the DELMAR ONLINE TRAINING SIMULATION: RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION CODES, is a 3-D, immersive simulation that teaches learners how to apply the latest Building and Electrical Codes in residential construction. Based on the 2015 International Residential Code (IRC®) and 2014 National Electric Code (NEC®). Learners test their knowledge of related Codes as they virtually navigate the site and inspect structural components for compliance. Randomized Code violations offer a unique learning experience each time (there are three different difficulty modes to choose from) and explanations are included that provide real-world consequences if a Code is not applied correctly. Instructors can receive reporting to assess students’ comprehension and progress.
- Developed in partnership with the International Code Council (ICC) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
- Select simulations are also incorporated into the MindTap for Construction Materials, Methods and Techniques, 4e.
- Based on the 2015 International Residential Code (IRC®).
- Based on the 2014 National Electric Code (NEC®).
- Students learn to interpret and apply the Codes in a highly interactive environment.
- Simple controls allow users to jump right in to Code inspection.
- Covers every inspection phase of new residential construction.
- Provides real-world consequences if a Code is not applied correctly.
- Students can choose their challenge level and decide whether they’d like helpful hints from a building inspector, or to move along alone.
- Reporting functionality allows you to assess your students’ progress.