Request for consultation
Explore the most up-to-date green and sustainable methods for residential and commercial building construction as well as the latest materials, standards, and practices with CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS, METHODS AND TECHNIQUES: BUILDING FOR A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE, 4E. This comprehensive book's logical, well-structured format follows the natural sequence of a construction project. The book is the only one with an organization based on the Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) Masterformat standards. Readers will find the most current industry developments and standards as well as latest relevant building codes within a dynamic new design. A wealth of comprehensive instructor resources, including MindTap™ Personal Learning Experience, ensure your students walk away with a clear understanding of today's construction materials, methods and techniques: something that is critical for their ongoing industry success.
- The Latest Information and Updates Ensure Your Course Reflects The Industry's Most Progressive Developments.This edition addresses cutting-edge topics, such as green building materials, assemblies and systems.
- Revised and New Coverage Incorporates The Latest Standards and Trends By The Industry's Governing Bodies. Material reflects the latest materials and methods from the American Council on Construction Education (ACCE), as well as standards from the American Institute of Architects (AIA), the Design Build Institute of America (DBIA) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), including NAHB revised Green Building Standards from early 2013.
- Expanded Coverage Emphasizes Sustainable Construction. This edition includes additional coverage of the latest choices and progress in the area of sustainable construction.
- New Design Highlights The Industry's Tools And Procedures. A new, dynamic, full color design with hundreds of contemporary photos and illustrations draws the reader's attention to the industry's current equipment, tools and procedures.
- New Mindtap™ Provides a Personalized, Fully Online Digital Learning Experience. Authoritative content and interactive assignments engage your students while offering you flexibility in configuring coursework. Chapter-based learning paths utilize the MindTap™ Reader eBook that highlight key concepts in each chapter. Brief quizzes and MindApps web applications let you create an engaging meaningful course for your students. This MindTap will include PowerPoints, flashcards, videos, and a quiz with a minimum of 10 questions per chapter including rejoinders to A heads or B heads in the text.
- Hands-On Activities Encourage Readers To Apply What They've Learned. Located at the end of each chapter, a wealth of practice activities provide realistic opportunities for readers to put concepts into practice within the industry.
- Wealth of Learning Features Clarify Content. Chapter Learning Objectives, Key Terms, and Review Questions aid in reader comprehension and help readers focus on and review key concepts within each chapter.
- Construction Materials, Methods, and Techniques Boxes Showcase Ground-Breaking Materials And Systems. These captivating feature boxes throughout the book provide more detailed information on selected areas of interest.
- Case Studies Clearly Illustrate The Value and Application Of Strategies and Techniques. Numerous, intriguing Case Studies, many of which have received a Green or LEED certification, demonstrate how the strategies, concepts and construction materials can be used for success in today's industry.
- Logical, Organized Format Mirrors The Natural Progression of a Construction Project. The book's unique organization facilitates learning as students build a foundation of knowledge before moving into the specific requirements of each stage of construction.
- Unique Book is Organized To Follow The Masterformat™. This is the only book of its kind that follows the Construction Specifications Institute (CSI)'s MasterFormat specifications. This edition is organized by selected divisions with references to the 2014 edition of the MasterFormat and 2009 GreenFormat.
1. The Construction Industry: An Overview.
2. Regulatory Constraints, Standards and Sustainability.
PART II: SITE CONSTRUCTION AND EARTHWORK.
3. Properties of Materials.
4. The Building Site.
PART III: CONCRETE AND MASONRY.
8. Cast-In-Place Concrete.
9. Precast Concrete.
10. Mortars for Masonry Walls.
11. Clay Brick and Tile.
12. Concrete Masonry.
14. Masonry Construction.
PART IV: METALS, WOOD AND PLASTICS.
15. Ferrous Metals.
16. Nonferrous Metals.
17. Steel Frame Construction.
19. Products Manufactured from Wood.
20. Wood and Metal Light Frame Construction.
21. Heavy Timber Construction.
22. Finishing the Exterior and Interior of Light Wood Frame Buildings.
PART V: THERMAL AND MOISTURE/OPENINGS/FINISHES.
24. Thermal Insulation and Vapor Barriers.
25. Bonding Agents, Sealers, and Sealants.
26. Bituminous Materials.
27. Roofing Systems.
29. Doors, Windows, Entrances, and Storefronts.
30. Cladding Systems.
31. Interior Finishes, Paints and Coatings
32. Acoustical Materials.
33. Interior Walls, Partitions, and Ceilings
35. Specialties, Equipment and Furnishings
36. Special Construction
37. Conveying Systems.
38. Fire-Suppression Systems.
39. Plumbing Systems.
40. Heating, Air-Conditioning, Ventilation, And Refrigeration.
41. Electrical Equipment And Systems.
42. Electronic Safety and Security.