Request for consultation
CUADROS offers Introductory and Intermediate Spanish students an individualized language learning experience within an easy-to-use, 4-volume, 4-semester framework. Each CUADROS volume sets a realistic pace, seamlessly transitioning students from Introductory to Intermediate Spanish. Preliminary Chapters at the start of Volumes 2, 3, and 4 review and recycle previously covered material to bridge the gap between semesters and prepare students to move on. Volumes 1 & 2 cover Introductory Spanish and Volumes 3 & 4 cover Intermediate Spanish. CUADROS follows a "pay-as-you-go" model, allowing your students to USE the volume they need, WHEN they need it…
- CUADROS' 4-VOLUME CONFIGURATION ALLOWS STUDENTS TO PAY AS THEY GO – BUY WHAT THEY NEED WHEN THEY NEED IT…
- ¡EXPLORA Y EXPRESATE! sections help students make the connection between what they have studied and practiced to further cultural explorations and meaningful communication as well as viewing, listening, speaking, reading, and writing practice.
- RITMOS DEL MUNDO HISPANO sections point students to music and video links that highlight the rich musical heritage and contemporary creations of the region of focus.
- FLEXIBLE, INTEGRATED PRINT AND DIGITAL RESOURCES accommodate a range of course presentation styles; for departments that offer multiple course formats.
- SEAMLESS INTEGRATION OF THE NATIONAL STANDARDS FOR FOREIGN LANGUAGE LEARNING. CUADROS presents diverse cultural perspectives to connect students to the politics, art, science, and all aspects of the Spanish-speaking world.
- EASY-TO-NAVIGATE CHAPTERS guide students through the material, beginning with compelling chapter openers that introduce a theme, communication and cultural goals, and the chapter's region of focus.
- RELEVANT CONTEXTUALIZED VOCABULARY PRESENTATIONS, which are linked to the video program's high-interest storyline and characters, help students gain confidence, cultural awareness, and early speaking skills.
- BRIDGE CHAPTER – SELF-EVALUATION AND REVIEW– CUADROS VOLUMES 2, 3, AND 4. CUADROS Volumes 2, 3, and 4 all begin with a Bridge chapter specifically designed to allow students to self-evaluate where they are on material they should have covered at the previous level – it also helps establish a baselines to determine the language topics that should be covered in class.
- RICH VOCABULARY PRESENTATION. *Relevant themes, colorful illustrations, and video narratives portraying everyday situations provide a context for presenting vocabulary.
- THEMATIC PRACTICE. A range of thematic practice progresses from structured to transitional practice and features two listening-based activities per chapter. This contextualized approach uses everyday situations to present target structures and clearly illustrates the relevance of the language.
- THREE-TIER VIDEO PROGRAM. The video program connects students to the cultures of the Spanish-speaking world while helping develop early speaking skills.
- AUTHENTIC SHORT-FILMS. Beginning in Volume 2, CUADROS features engaging short films by contemporary Hispanic filmmakers that tie together the culture, vocabulary, and grammar sections of each lesson.
- ILRN: HEINLE LEARNING CENTER. iLrn: Heinle Learning Center provides students with access to all program components through one easy-to-navigate site. The iLrn program includes and audio and video enhanced eBook (viewable on an iPad), assignable textbook activities, Student Activities Manual with Audio, a Diagnostic Study Tool , and a Video Library.
- IN-TEXT SUPPORT FOR INSTRUCTORS MAKES LESSON PLANNING EASIER. *Activities are clearly identified as I (input/receptive), M (meaningful/mechanical), or C (open ended/communicative). *Audioscripts are included as marginal annotations for in-text listening activities. *Complete lesson plans for every chapter are offered online and include suggestions for instructors who prefer to introduce some topics earlier in the program.
- INTEGRATED VIDEO GRAMMAR TUTORIALS for every grammar topic covered in the textbook feature a virtual instructor explaining particular issues or concepts relating to specific grammatical structures. The grammar tutorials are available via iLrn: HEINLE Learning Center or on the Premium Website.
16. Mi "yo" digital.
17. El ciudadano global.
18. El futuro del planeta.
19. La sociedad en transición.
20. El mundo sin fronteras.
Appendix A: KWL Chart.
Appendix B: Repaso y preparación Answer Keys.
Appendix C: Spanish Verbs.
Appendix D: Maps.
Appendix E: Grammar Review.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Testing Audit CD-ROM
This CD provides instructors with the audio to accompany the NEXOS testing program. The audio for this edition has been revised to reflect current technology and provide more realistic conversations and situations.
The Student Activities Manual includes chapter-by-chapter ¡Imagínate!, ¡Prepárate!, and A leer activities as well as a self-test with answer key. It also includes a Lab Manual with audio activities and a Video Manual with activities to accompany the storyline video and the Voces de la comunidad videos.
Praised by instructors and students alike, the NEXOS video series connects students to the cultures of the Spanish-speaking world while helping develop early speaking and critical thinking skills. Beto, one of the main characters in the video, is now a professor showing students videos about his life as a university student. This new footage gives students a present-day vantage point that allows them to comment on the technology that was available during their professor's college days.
Premium Web Site, 4 terms (24 months) Instant Access
Engage your students with compelling video and audio on the Media Site, where all video and audio for the entire program can be found.
Annotated Instructor's Edition (with Audio CD)
The new AIE wrap margin provides an in-depth and enhanced instructor-support apparatus with new Differentiated Instruction annotations and tips and strategies to help develop key 21st century skills. Today's students bring an unprecedented range of backgrounds and experiences to the language classroom. To help instructors navigate the challenges of learner diversity, NEXOS uses a variety of tools and strategies associated with Differentiated Instruction. Inspired by the 21st Century Skills Map for World Languages (ACTFL), this edition of NEXOS includes tips, strategies, and approaches to develop key skills in the Spanish classroom.
The Student Activities Manual includes chapter-by-chapter ¡Imagínate!, ¡Prepárate!, and A leer activities as well as a self-test with answer key. It also includes a Lab Manual with audio activities and a Video Manual with activities to accompany the storyline video and Voces de la comunidad videos.
Praised by instructors and students alike, the NEXOS video series connects you to the cultures of the Spanish-speaking world while helping you develop early speaking and critical thinking skills. Beto, one of the main characters in the video, is now a professor showing students videos about his life as a university student. This new footage gives you a present-day vantage point that allows you to comment on the technology that was available during your professor's college days.
Premium Web Site, 4 terms (24 months) Instant Access
If you're using a print textbook and print Student Activities Manual, you can find all of the accompanying video and audio for the entire NEXOS program on the Media Site.