Request for consultation
For a better understanding of the CPT® code set, rely on the 2015 CPT® Changes: An Insider's View. Find the meaning behind all of the changes noted by the symbols you’ve come to know within the AMA's CPT® Professional Edition codebook. Invest in this annual publication and get the insider's perspective into the CPT code set right from the source—the American Medical Association. In 2015, many CPT code changes will take effect. This edition of CPT Changes will explain changes throughout the entire code set, including those areas with some of the most noteworthy changes: Molecular Pathology and Appendix D. AMA is the authority to turn to when seeking an official interpretation and explanation for a CPT code or guideline change. Know the changes inside and out. Reduce and avoid claim denials.
- Organizational structure similar to the CPT codebook — allows coders to easily conduct a side-by-side read of CPT Changes with the CPT Professional Edition codebook.
- Official AMA rationales — provide a detailed explanation for the code or guideline change.
- Clinical examples, procedural descriptions and illustrations — help explain the practical application for each change.
- At-a-glance tabular review of 2015 changes — shows the extent to which the changes affect a particular specialty.
- Companion for the latest edition of CPT codebook—serves as a good cross-reference for the codebook by providing users with extended and practical explanations and applications for the changes in the codebook.
- Consolidates and condenses all the changes from the latest codebook.
- Provides reasons or rationale why and how a code may have been revised, deleted, and added.
- Provides descriptions of the services and/or procedures of typical clinical examples to showcase or highlight these changes in order to illustrate how to use and report the new and/or revised codes.