Request for consultation
Help even your most uncertain students overcome math anxiety and confidently master key mathematical concepts and their business applications with Brechner/Bergeman's CONTEMPORARY MATHEMATICS FOR BUSINESS AND CONSUMERS, 8E. This unique modular approach invites students into a successful, interactive learning experience with numerous real-world business examples and integrated teaching technology. Refined and enhanced over eight editions, this text continues to incorporate a proven step-by-step instructional model that allows you and your students to progress together one topic at a time without being intimidated or overwhelmed. This new edition offers a fresh, reader-friendly design, a personalized study plan, problems with interactive solutions, and videos created by the author that walk students through sample problems. Students immediately practice concepts to reinforce learning and hone essential skills with this edition’s more than 2,000 new, revised, and proven exercises. To further model solution strategies, Jump Start problems introduce each new topic in the section exercise sets and provide a worked-out solution to help students get started.
- New to this edition in CengageNOW, pretests generate a personalized study plan, guide problems with interactive solutions help students master topics, and posttests help students evaluate their progress.
- Linked to every text objective, new videos by author George Bergeman walk students through detailed, step-by-step solutions to sample problems.
- New algorithmically generated problems based on the end-of-section exercises include concise problem solutions and allow instructors enhanced assignment options.
- Also linked to each text objective, corresponding objective-based homework and test questions include complete step-by-step solutions to each problem so students can pinpoint and correct areas of weakness by performing their own error analyses. Each algorithmically generated homework, quiz, and test assignment delivers both assessment and instruction!
- In addition to objective-based questions, instructors also have the option of assigning algorithmically generated homework based on the end-of-section exercises. These problems also include concise solutions to help students master topics.
- Furthermore, a comprehensive and extensive test bank provides both printed and online quizzes and exams.
- A UNIQUE MODULAR APPROACH DELIVERS STRONG SUPPORT FOR STUDENTS AT ALL SKILL LEVELS. Each chapter is divided into discrete performance objectives. For each objective, the text guides students to mastery by way of a carefully designed learning system that includes these components: (1) a discussion of the topic, (2) a step box clearly describing the solution steps, (3) an example with a complete step-by-step solution, and (4) a Try-It Exercise with solution so that students can immediately test their understanding.
- SECTION REVIEW EXERCISES IMMEDIATELY REINFORCE LEARNING AND INCLUDE JUMP START PROBLEMS TO HELP STUDENTS GET STARTED. Each new topic set in every Section Review includes a worked-out solution for the first question. Students have the advantage of reviewing this completed problem to help them get started before they continue.
- SPECIAL FEATURES ENGAGE STUDENTS AND CONNECT BUSINESS MATH TOPICS TO ISSUES AND CONCERNS ENCOUNTERED IN EVERYDAY LIFE AS WELL AS IN BUSNESS SETTINGS. This new edition is reader-driven with a striking visual format designed to appeal to today’s student. “Business Math Journal” and “In the Business World” features stimulate student curiosity as they highlight the most current news and statistics related to chapter topics. Numerous captivating real-life examples illustrate each chapter’s key concepts, whereas all-new “Dollars and Sense” features provide helpful personal finance and business money tips.
- BUSINESS DECISION EXERCISES INTEGRATE MULTIPLE CONCEPTS. Business Decision Exercises in each section give students the opportunity to apply multiple concepts within a detailed, realistic business scenario. These proven exercises sharpen students’ critical-thinking skills, provide a solid review of topics, and help students see the usefulness of the concepts they are learning.
- OFFERING A COMPLETE SUITE OF SUPPLEMENTAL TEACHING AND LEARNING TECHNOLOGY, THE CENGAGENOW COUSRE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ENGAGES, INSTRUCTS, AND ASSESSES STUDENTS.
- Each and every text objective is accompanied by a video created by author George Bergeman that walks students through detailed, step-by-step solutions to sample problems.
4. Checking Accounts.
5. Using Equations to Solve Business Problems.
6. Percents and Their Applications in Business.
7. Invoices, Trade and Cash Discounts.
8. Markup and Markdown.
10. Simple Interest and Promissory Notes.
11. Compound Interest and Present Value.
13. Consumer and Business Credit.
15. Financial Statements and Ratios.
21. Business Statistics and Data Presentation.