Request for consultation
CONTEMPORARY ISSUES IN BUSINESS ETHICS, 6E begins from the perspective that business ethics are the products of market mechanisms and social values. By placing this approach in an international context, this edition shows students how ethical theories are applied in today’s complex global marketplace. CONTEMPORARY ISSUES IN BUSINESS ETHICS, 6E also addresses the unique ethical dilemmas faced by employees and employers. Key topics covered include: ethical relativism, psychological egoism, ethics and the law, virtue ethics, and ethical decision-making.
- New discussions on the role of ethics in corporate governance, leadership, visioncasting, Stakeholder Theory, and the recession.
- Updated readings and cases in every chapter.
- Comprehensive introduction to philosophy, ethics, and the role of business in society.
- Key ethical topics covered include: ethical relativism, psychological egoism, ethics and the law, virtue ethics, and ethical decision-making.
- Strong emphasis on the impact of globalization on business ethics.
- Case studies and real-life scenarios bring ethical issues to life using today's commercial environment.
1. Business, Ethics and the Free Market.
2. Philosophical Ethics: Utilitarianism and the Free Market.
3. Philosophical Ethics: Rights and the Free Market.
PART II: PURPOSE, GOVERNANCE AND LEADERSHIP.
4. The Purpose of the Corporation.
5. Governance and Leadership.
PART II: Employee Rights and Responsibilities.
6. Job Security and Participation.
7. Privacy, Safety and Equality.
8. Employee Responsibilities.
PART IV: CONSUMERS.
9. Product Safety and Liability.
10. Advertising and Marketing.
PART V: GLOBAL ISSUES.
11. Business and the Natural Environment.
12. Ethics and Multinationals.
"The text is well-written, with good case studies, and would be a solid foundation for any introductory course in Business Ethics."
"Contemporary Issues in Business Ethics is a well-written, comprehensive book that takes the sometimes complex philosophical ethical topics and explains them in an easy-to-understand format."