Request for consultation
Written for the beginning computing student, this text engages readers by relating core computer science topics to their industry application. The book is written in a comfortable, informal manner, and light humor is used throughout the text to maintain interest and enhance learning. All chapters contain a multitude of exercises, quizzes, and other opportunities for skill application.
- Intended for an introductory course in computer science for majors and non-majors.
- Introduces students to real-world material that will be useful both in academic and industry environments.
- Features two new chapters that cover user interface design and problem solving.
- Includes a thoroughly revised Programming chapter that discusses the latest version of Java and now contains coverage of C++.
- Offers many new exercises and examples in every chapter.
2. Computing Security and Ethics.
3. Computer Architecture.
5. The Internet.
6. Database Fundamentals.
7. Numbering Systems and Data Representations.
8. Data Structures.
9. Operating Systems.
10. File Structures.
11. Human-Computer Interface.
12. Problem Solving and Debugging.
13. Software Engineering.
14. Programming I.
15. Programming II.
Appendix A: Answers to Test Yourself Exercises.
Appendix B: ASCII Table.
Appendix C: Java Reserved Words.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Resource CD-ROM
All instructor materials are available on one convenient and easy-to-use CD. Most are also available at the Instructor Downloads section of www.cengage.com/coursetechnology, accessible to instructors with a username and password. Designed to help facilitate classroom instruction, the instructor resources are unique to the textbook. Items such as an Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint slides, ExamView test bank, Syllabi, Student Data Files, and Solution Files are offered. Contact your sales rep for more information.