Request for consultation
Created entirely by a "student-tested, faculty-approved" review process, COMP: READ is an engaging, rhetorically organized reader to accommodate the diverse learning styles of today's students at a value-based price. Each chapter of COMP: READ clearly defines the learning objectives for that chapter; it begins with a statement, photograph, and question to encourage critical thinking. Student-tested and faculty-approved Chapter Review Cards can be torn out of the text for easy review and study. A brief handbook with grammar, punctuation, and mechanics is included in the back of the text and online for students to find quick answers to their questions.
- An innovative combination of content delivery in print and online provides a core text and a wealth of comprehensive multimedia teaching and learning assets based on input from student and faculty focus groups, surveys, and interviews.
- Shorter, comprehensive chapters in a modern design present content in an engaging and accessible format without minimizing coverage for your course.
- Chapter Review Cards at the back of the Student Edition provide students a portable study tool containing all of the pertinent information for class preparation.
- Instructor Prep Cards at the back of the Instructor's Edition make preparation simple with detachable cards for each chapter, offering a quick map of chapter content, a list of corresponding resources, additional examples, and suggested assignments and discussion questions to help you organize chapter content efficiently.
- A full suite of unique learning tools that appeal to different learning styles is available to students with the purchase of a new book. Online resources include reading-comprehension quizzes, flashcards based on the book glossary, videos of professional author interviews, podcasts, and documentation reference sheets.
- You'll find all of the content and resources you expect with a supplements package that is second to none, including a comprehensive Instructor's Resource Manual.
1. Critical Thinking Through Reading.
2. Strategies for Argumentation and Persuasion.
Part Two: READER: NARRATION, DESCRIPTION, AND REFLECTION.
3. Narration and Description.
4. Description and Reflection.
8. Comparison and Contrast.
9. Cause and Effect.
10. Taking a Position.
11. Persuading Readers to Act.
12. Proposing a Solution.
Part Three: HANDBOOK.
17. Sentence Errors.
Chapter Review Cards.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Instructor's Resource Manual
This online instructor's resource manual (available on a password-protected companion website at http://4ltrpress.cengage.com/comp) offers valuable tools for class preparation, lesson organization, and syllabus planning.