Request for consultation
Now in its third edition, the ever-popular COMMERCIAL REFRIGERATION FOR AIR CONDITIONING TECHNICIANS helps HVAC professionals apply existing skills to new concepts in order to service medium and low-temperature refrigeration equipment such as walk-ins, reach-ins, refrigerated cases, and ice machines. Chapters emphasize refrigeration in the food service industry, offering practical tips from the author and other seasoned pros on installing, servicing, and troubleshooting commercial equipment. Freshly updated throughout, the third edition adds more than 150 new illustrations, pictures, and diagrams—including a step-by-step flowchart for quickly diagnosing and addressing the nine most common refrigeration problems on the job—as well as six new sections on the latest advancements in commercial refrigeration. A handy resource to keep in any truck or shop, COMMERCIAL REFRIGERATION FOR AIR CONDITIONING TECHNICIANS, 3rd Edition, is an indispensable tool for any technician working with commercial refrigeration today.
- New Sights: Expanded coverage now includes more than 150 extra pictures and diagrams, and six all-new sections of content, to boost the book’s already popular standing in the commercial refrigeration trade.
- Service Scenarios: Offering firsthand perspectives from working technicians, these new "Service Scenarios" share a variety of problem-solving situations on commercial jobsites, as well as a realistic view of a HVAC careers.
- Supermarket Advances: An entire new section includes in-depth discussions of the growing use of CO2 as a refrigerant in supermarket applications, helping readers gauge the rapidly changing world of commercial refrigeration today.
- New Controls: Coverage of the latest electronic controls and controllers demonstrates their typical use in supermarket racks, along with creative applications for smaller commercial refrigeration units and residential air conditioning.
- Oil Return: An entire new section on oil return for compressor parallel racks and related problems has been added to the book.
- Industry Updates: Multiple enhancements throughout the book bring information up to date, making it more relevant to readers and the current industry trends.
- Cool Visuals. Abundant diagrams, photos, and illustrations help readers "see" concepts more clearly as they work through complex technical processes.
- Coordinating Slides: FREE for instructors who adopt the 3rd Edition, Instructor Resources include animated PowerPoint® presentations that coordinate with each chapter to streamline course planning and enhance the student experience.
- Testing: Designed for your convenience, Instructor Resources include chapter quizzes, mid-term exams, a final exam, and a flexible test bank for constructing your own tests, complete with answers.
- Step-by-Step Diagnostics: Chapter 7 delivers a comprehensive approach for identifying refrigeration problems, including a flowchart which illustrates the key readings to take and logical sequence to follow when diagnosing nine of the most common issues.
- High Esteem: Recognized as the number one book on commercial refrigeration by instructors and field technicians, the third edition is a practical resource that makes problem-solving easy in both workplace and classroom settings.
- Tech Friendly: Conversational and fun, chapters deliver refrigeration concepts in an easy-to-understand tone and alongside practical applications.
- Helpful Troubleshooting: "Rules of Thumb" throughout the readings help technicians diagnose common service problems and prepare technicians for those times when factory recommendations and specifications are not readily available.
5. Metering Devices.
6. Controls and Accessories.
7. Refrigeration System Troubleshooting.
8. Compressor Motor Controls.
9. Retrofitting, Recovery, Evacuation, and Charging.
10. Supermarket Refrigeration.
11. Walk-in Refrigerators and Freezers.
12. Ice Machines.
13. Product Temperatures for Preservation and Health.
14. Refrigeration Business Tips.
Appendix A: Summary of T.R.O.T.
Appendix B: Pressure Temperature (P/T) Chart.
Appendix C: Troubleshooting Charts.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-coordinated lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download a number of helpful materials such as the instructor’s manual, PowerPoint® presentations, images, videos, and more.