Request for consultation
COLLISION REPAIR AND REFINISHING: A FOUNDATION COURSE FOR TECHNICIANS, Third Edition, provides a thorough guide to all major areas of collision repair and refinishing as outlined by NATEF. In-depth coverage includes structural and non-structural analysis and damage repair, welding, painting and refinishing, paint chemistry, sacrificial coatings for corrosion resistance, mechanical and electrical systems, and more. The text also includes a chapter on the expanded use of aluminum for domestic vehicle manufacture, and basic repair principles relevant to this trend. With a reader-friendly writing style, logical progression of topics, and illustrations featuring current equipment and realistic applications, this comprehensive text is a perfect choice for students with little or no prior exposure to collision repair.
- The authors have updated content throughout the text to reflect current industry standards and safety considerations, giving students an up-to-date view of real-world best practices.
- Thought-provoking questions conclude each chapter to encourage students to engage with the material more deeply and apply what they have learned to realistic professional scenarios.
- The Third Edition includes an all-all new chapter on aluminum repair--including applications and basic repair principles--providing valuable guidance on this increasingly important industry trend.
- The new edition includes extensive revisions to cover new and emerging technologies, including the expanded use of advanced and ultra-high strength steels, as well as the ways their use is affecting approaches to repair and refinishing.
- This comprehensive text includes detailed coverage of all major areas of collision repair and refinishing as outlined by NATEF.
- The text guides students through a wide range of essential repair and refinishing topics, including structural and non-structural analysis and damage repair, welding, painting and refinishing, paint chemistry, sacrificial coatings for corrosion resistance, mechanical and electrical systems, and more.
- The authors are both certified repair and refinishing technicians and experienced educators, and their expertise comes through in the text’s reader-friendly writing style, logical progression of topics, and detailed illustrations of important equipment and applications.
2. Collision Shop Safety.
3. Hand Tools.
4. Power Tools.
5. Welding Procedures and Equipment.
6. Vehicle Construction.
7. Straightening Steel.
8. Aluminum Repair and Panel Replacement (new).
10. Trim and Hardware.
11. Estimating Collision Damage.
12. Collision Damage Analysis.
13. Bolted Exterior Panel Replacement.
14. Measuring Structural Damage.
15. Straightening and Repairing Structural Damage.
16. Welded Exterior Panel Replacement.
17. Structural Parts Replacement.
18. Full Frame Sectioning and Replacement.
19. Plastic Repair.
20. Corrosion Protection.
21. Paint Spray Guns.
22. Spray Techniques.
23. Refinishing Shop Equipment.
25. Understanding Refinishing.
26. Surface Preparation.
27. Masking Materials and Procedures.
28. Solvents for Refinishing.
29. Application of Undercoats.
30. Advanced Refinishing Procedures.
31. Advanced Refinishing Procedures Waterborne.
32. Color Evaluation and Adjustment.
33. Paint Problems and Prevention
34. Electrical Components.
35. Steering, Suspension, and Vehicle Alignment.
37. Mechanical Systems.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
The Instructor Companion Website to accompany Thomas/Jund’s COLLISION REPAIR AND REFINISHING: A FOUNDATION COURSE FOR TECHNICIANS, Third Edition, includes chapter presentations in PowerPoint®, chapter tests in ExamView, an Instructors Guide, and a NATEF Correlation Chart..
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
This useful resource contains a variety of tools to aid instructors in preparing and presenting text material in a manner that meets their personal preferences and course needs. It presents chapter-by-chapter suggestions and resources to enhance and facilitate learning.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.