Request for consultation
The goal of this book is to clearly describe the underlying theories and basic techniques of each approach in the context of this rapidly changing field. It provides a clear and contemporary description of clinical intervention with individuals, groups and families, as well as explains systems approaches, case management, psychodynamic, behavioral, and cognitive methods.
1. Overview of Contemporary Practice.
2. Beyond Generalist: Clinical Social Work Practice.
PART II: SYSTEMS BASED APPROACHES: SYSTEMS INTERVENTIONS WITH INDIVIDUALS, CASE MANAGEMENT, GROUPS AND FAMILIES.
3. Systems Interventions with Individuals.
4. Case Management.
5. Group Interventions.
6. Family Systems Interventions.
PART III: ADVANCED TECHNIQUES WITH INDIVIDUALS.
7. Psychodynamic Interventions.
8. Behavioral Interventions.
9. Cognitive Interventions.
10. Brief Interventions.
11. Putting It All Together: Documentation, Assessments, and Treatment Plans.
"I do believe…that students will actually read and work with this text for a number of reasons: it is thorough, informative, and well written in a conversational style that is easy to read and evidences familiarity with a wide range of theories and techniques."
"The manuscript…is clear written and provides a wide range of excellent case studies to exemplify the principles and techniques discussed. It is unique in this regard."