Request for consultation
This text provides a concise and practical introduction to choral techniques and conducting for potential choral conductors. The author-America's premier choral conductor, mentored by Robert Shaw-brings 43 years of teaching and workshop experience to this text.
2. A Soloistic Approach to Ensemble Singing.
3. Breath Support and Control.
4. Developing a Great Singing Sound.
5. Individual Section Characteristics, Problems, and Solutions.
6. A Unified Approach to Vowel Formation.
7. Vocalizing and Warm-Ups.
8. Rhythmic Interest Forward Motion, and Phrasing.
9. English Diction, Dramatic Communication of Text, and Latin Pronunciation.
10. Score Preparation and Analysis.
11. Rehearsal Planning.
12. Rehearsal Techniques and Related Topics, Seating Arrangements, Auditioning, and Self-Evaluation.
13. Thoughts on Handels's Messiah.