Request for consultation
This new ADVANTAGE SERIES of C. L. Johnston, Alden T. Willis, and Jeanne Lazaris' ESSENTIAL ARITHMETIC is a traditional, straight-forward, extremely popular book which is noted for its one-step, one-concept-at-a-time approach. All major topics are divided into small sections, each with its own examples and often with its own exercises--an approach that helps students master each section before proceeding to the next one. As part of the ADVANTAGE SERIES, this version will offer all the quality content you've come to expect from Johnston, Willis, and Hughes sold to your students at a significantly lower price.
1. Whole Numbers.
2. Applications of Arithmetic.
3. Common Fractions.
4. Decimal Fractions.
5. Ratios, Rates, and Proportions.
PART II: ADDITIONAL TOPICS IN ARITHMETIC.
7. Calculators and Scientific Notation.
8. Handling Money.
9. The English and Metric Systems of Measurement.
10. Using Arithmetic in Geometry.
11. Introduction to Algebra: Signed Numbers.
12. Introduction to Algebra: Exponents and Polynomials.
13. Introduction to Algebra: Equations.