Request for consultation
CASE STUDIES IN PSYCHOTHERAPY, Seventh Edition effectively combines powerful classic and contemporary cases to bring to life important concepts and practices in psychotherapy for students. Compelling new cases that illustrate Psychoanalysis, Client-Centered Therapy, Existential Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, Contemplative Therapies, and Therapy in a Multicultural context have been added to the previous edition's collection of classic case studies by Albert Ellis, Aaron Beck, and Peggy Papp. There's also an entirely new chapter on Positive Psychotherapy. This popular casebook maintains its parallel structure with the Tenth Edition of Wedding and Corsini's CURRENT PSYCHOTHERAPIES. Cases are chosen on the basis of intrinsic interest, clarity of presentation, and the extent to which each case demonstrates the basic techniques and methods of the theory being illustrated.
- Compelling new cases that illustrate Psychoanalysis, Client-Centered Therapy, Existential Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, Contemplative Therapies, and Therapy in a Multicultural context have been added to the previous edition's collection of classic case studies by Albert Ellis, Aaron Beck, and Peggy Papp.
- A completely new chapter on Positive Psychotherapy includes a case on strength-based assessment in clinical practice.
- The new edition maintains its parallel structure with the Tenth Edition of Wedding and Corsini's CURRENT PSYCHOTHERAPIES, making the combination of these two books the most comprehensive look at psychotherapy available today.
- Fifteen case studies cover a comprehensive spectrum of fundamental therapies, including Adlerian, Rational Emotive Behavior, Contemplative (two cases), and Cognitive Therapy.
- Illustrating theory in action, case studies present the actual practice of some of the world's most important psychotherapists, including Albert Ellis, Aaron Beck, and Peggy Papp.
- In virtually every instance, the author of the primary chapter in CURRENT PSYCHOTHERAPIES selected the case study in CASE STUDIES IN PSYCHOTHERAPY as the best case to supplement his or her chapter.
The Case of Simone, by Jeremy D. Safran.
2. ADLERIAN PSYCHOTHERAPY.
The Case of Roger, by Harold H. Mosak and Michael Maniacci.
3. CLIENT-CENTERED THERAPY.
Client-Centered Therapy with David: A Sojourn in Loneliness, by Marjorie C. Witty.
4. RATIONAL EMOTIVE BEHAVIOR THERAPY.
A Twenty-Three-Year-Old Woman Guilty About Not Following Her Parents' Rules, by Albert Ellis.
5. BEHAVIOR THERAPY.
Covert Sensitization for Paraphilia, by David H. Barlow.
6. COGNITIVE THERAPY.
An Interview with a Depressed and Suicidal Patient, by Aaron T. Beck.
7. EXISTENTIAL PSYCHOTHERAPY.
"If Rape Were Legal . . ." by Irvin Yalom.
8. GESTALT THERAPY.
First or Nowhere? By Sally Denham-Vaughan.
9. INTERPERSONAL PSYCHOTHERAPY.
A Case Study for the New IPT Therapist, by Marie Crowe and Sue Luty.
10. FAMILY THERAPY.
The Daughter Who Said No, by Peggy Papp.
11. CONTEMPLATIVE PSYCHOTHERAPIES.
Using Mindfulness Effectively in Clinical Practice: Two Case Studies, by Tory A. Eisenlohr-Moul, Jessica R. Peters, and Ruth A. Baer.
12. POSITIVE PSYCHOTHERAPY.
Strength-Based Assessment in Clinical Practice, by Tayyab Rashid and Robert F. Ostermann.
13. INTEGRATIVE PSYCHOTHERAPIES.
Integrative Therapy with Mr. F. H., by Larry E. Beutler.
14. MULTICULTURAL PSYCHOTHERAPY.
Alma, by Lillian Comas-Diaz.
All-You-Can-Learn Access with Cengage Unlimited
Cengage Unlimited is the first-of-its-kind digital subscription that gives students total and on-demand access to all the digital learning platforms, ebooks, online homework and study tools Cengage has to offer—in one place, for one price. Students get unlimited access to a library of more than 22,000 products for $119.99 per term.