Request for consultation
This text provides an easy-to-use approach to learning 10-key operation based on current business procedures. Students learn the touch method and solve both business and personal math problems. Step-by-step instructions make learning easy; pictures and explanations for reaches provide good visual cues; and sufficient drills develop workplace skills.
- New Production Drills in Jobs 14 and 19.
- New applications in Jobs 22, 23, 24, 26, 29 (5 of 8 application jobs) include: Cell phones and electronic games. Controlling Household Expenses. Cost of Credit. Banking Services: ATM/s, Debit Cards, and Drafts. Auto Repair Orders. Problems with many digits such as bank routing numbers and drivers' license numbers. Financing a Car.
- More concise instructions to reduce reading time and allow more time for skill development.
- Grading guidelines added to the ATE.
- 10% more drills throughout Jobs.
- New "Application for Your Life" inserts that show the immediate use of the calculator to solve money problems in students' lives. For example, home insurance for renters. An increasing number of families are renting rather than buying housing.
- AIE -- New Drill and Test Sites Chart that simplifies administering the numerous Drills and Tests throughout the book.
- AIE --New Arithmetic Pre- and Post-Test sample chart to show school administrators how calculator instruction improves students' basic arithmetic skills.
- Uses a
- Helps users understand how to solve common business and personal math problems.
- Includes a realistic grading system of Strokes a Minute and Errors a Minute.
- Drill and Test Sites Chart simplifies administering the numerous Drills and Tests throughout the book.
- Teaches the 10-key touch method of operating print, display-print, or display calculators as well as simple math operations using the calculator.
Preface for the Student.
CALCULATOR, DIAGRAM OF PARTS.
1. Addition; Touch Method: 4, 5, 6 Keys.
2. Addition; Touch Method: 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, 0, and 00 Keys.
3. Ten-Key Numeric Drill.
5. Review; Analyzing Progress; Setting Goals.
6. Non-Add Key; Decimal Point Key; Add Mode; Alignment of Decimals; Subtotal Key.
9. Memory; Grand Total Key.
10. Review; Analyzing Progress.
11. Decimals; Fractions; Percents.
12. Multiple Operations.
13. Multifactor and Negative Multiplication.
14. Production Drill: Auto Repair Order Form.
16. Interest and Trade Discounts.
17. Cash and Chain Discounts.
18. Metrics and International Trade.
19. Production Drill: Auto Repair Order Form.
APPLICATION AND PERSONAL CALCULATION.
21. Wage Earnings and Income Taxes.
22. Household Budget.
23. Cost of Credit.
24. Banking Services.
26. Travel Expenses.
27. Stock Transactions.
28. Casualty Insurance.
29. Calculating School Budgets and GPA.
Correcting Calculating Errors.
Criteria for Determining Strokes and Errors.
Decimal Rounding Rules.
Display and Display-Print Features and Applications.
Proving and Verifying Answers.
Drills and Progress Records.
Progress Test Record.
Speed Drills and Speed Drill Record.
Ten-Key Numeric Drill #2.
Ten-Key Numeric Drill Record.
TKN Drill Graphs - SAM and EAM.
TKN Test Record.
Chain Discount Net Equivalents.
Decimal Equivalents of Fractions.
Instructional Patterns for Warm-Up Drills.
Instructional Patterns for Measurement, Technique, Speed, and Accuracy Drills.
Instructional Patterns to Individualize Learning.
Writing Numbers Legibly and Numeric Keypad.
Student Data Sheet.
Ten-Key Numeric Test #1.
Ten-Key Numeric Test #2.
"I love how it's separate by categories. Basic addition and subtraction in the beginning, then moves on to multiplication and division, then on to decimals."
"Concise; easy to administer."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Annotated Instructor's Edition Tests
The Test Key includes all Tests with the solutions overprinted. There are eight, two-page tests: one Diagnostic Arithmetic Pretest, six Progress Tests (each covering five of the Jobs in the textbook), and one Final Progress Test.
The sixteen-page test bank consists of eight, two-page tests: one Diagnostic Arithmetic Pretest, six Progress Tests (each covering five of the Jobs in the textbook), and one Final Progress Test.