Request for consultation
Effectively teach programming with Doyle's C# PROGRAMMING: FROM PROBLEM ANALYSIS TO PROGRAM DESIGN, 4E. This insightful introductory book highlights the latest Visual Studio® 2012 and C# 4.0 software with a unique, principles-based approach to give readers a deep understanding of programming concepts. Respected author Barbara Doyle admirably balances principles and concepts, offering just the right amount of detail to create a strong foundation for beginning students. A straightforward approach and understandable vocabulary make it easy for readers to grasp new programming concepts without distraction. The book introduces a variety of fundamental programming concepts, from data types and expressions to arrays and collections, all using the popular C# language. New programming exercises and new numbered examples throughout this edition reflect the latest updates in Visual Studio® 2012, while learning objectives, case studies and Coding Standards summaries in each chapter ensure mastery. While this edition assumes no prior programming knowledge, coverage extends beyond traditional programming books to cover new advanced topics, such as portable class libraries to create applications for Windows® Phone and other platforms. This edition and accompanying Instructor Resources provide everything you need to present a solid understanding of C# and programming fundamentals for your students' ongoing success.
- UPDATES THROUGHOUT THIS EDITION CLEARLY ILLUSTRATE THE LATEST FEATURES OF THE NEW VISUAL STUDIO® 2012 USER INTERFACE. Up-to-the-minute coverage and new figures throughout this edition clearly illustrate all aspects of the Visual Studio® 2012 UI, while a special new appendix highlights its key features. The author employs the latest version of the C# language to introduce a variety of basic programming concepts, from data types and expressions to arrays and collections.
- REVISED CHAPTERS NOW ADDRESS EXCEPTIONS EARLIER IN THE BOOK. To give your students the strong, broad understanding of programming principles they need, the author has revised key chapters to effectively present exceptions. These principles are introduced earlier in the book and are also integrated in engaging examples, projects and programming exercises throughout the entire text.
- NEW ADVANCED TOPICS ENSURE THIS EDITION IS IDEAL FOR EXPERIENCED AS WELL AS INTRODUCTORY LEARNERS. This unique book extends learning beyond traditional programming texts to present the latest more advanced topics that ensure students are well-equipped for today's business world. While this edition assumes no prior programming knowledge, coverage explores a number of advanced software topics, including portable class libraries used to create applications for platforms such as Windows® Phone.
- EXTENSIVE NUMBERED EXAMPLES ILLUSTRATING CONCEPTS ARE NOW RECREATED TO REFLECT VISUAL STUDIO® 2012. The author has recreated this edition's large selection of numbered examples in each chapter to more effectively illustrate concepts using the latest Visual Studio® 2012 software. Many chapter examples now offer additional learning features and updated examples that reinforce today's best practices for object-oriented development.
- NEW PROGRAMMING EXERCISES PROVIDE PRACTICE WITH THE LATEST VISUAL STUDIO® 2012. Redesigned programming exercises at the end of each chapter in this edition provide important opportunities for readers to apply the principles they're learned using Visual Studio® 2012. Solutions to all end of chapter exercises are available for instructors within the Instructor Resources.
- EXTENSIVE EXAMPLES AND ABUNDANT HANDS-ON PRACTICE EFFECTIVELY REINFORCE CONCEPTS. This edition provides a wealth of numbered examples as well as a variety of exercises to fortify the reader's understanding of important programming and C# concepts.
- AT LEAST 10 PROGRAMMING PROJECTS PER CHAPTER OFFER VALUABLE HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE. This edition effectively balances hands-on practice with solid programming concepts and principles. Each chapter offers a minimum of ten programming projects that you can assign in addition to the chapter's objective-style review questions.
- RESOURCES AND CONTENT FOCUS ON THE NEEDS OF INSTRUCTORS. This principles-based book enables you to offer your students both a solid foundation and deeper understanding of programming using C#. Students can easily apply their knowledge of concepts learned here to other programming languages. Comprehensive Instructor Resources accompanying the book provide time-saving tools you need to effectively guide today's learners.
- LEARNING OBJECTIVES AT THE START OF EACH CHAPTER AND CASE STUDIES AT THE END OF CHAPTERS REINFORCE IMPORTANT CONCEPTS. This edition offers a straight-forward, principle-driven approach that is ideal for both novices and programmers with experience in other languages. Clear learning objectives combine with uncomplicated language to ensure understanding, while case studies and more advanced topics ensure the depth of coverage needed for programming success.
- UP-TO-DATE THOROUGH COVERAGE HIGHLIGHTS NEW AND KEY FEATURES OF C#. Readers gain a solid understanding of C# and build a strong foundation for programming in other languages as they follow the book's meaningful discussion of dynamic data types and other important C# features.
- CODING STANDARDS IN EACH CHAPTER PROVIDE QUICK REFERENCE TO TODAY'S CONVENTIONS AND STYLE GUIDELINES. Readers find a convenient, important Coding Standards summary in each chapter that details the conventions or style guidelines related to that chapter's topics.
2. Data Types and Expressions.
3. Methods and Behaviors.
4. Creating Your Own Classes.
5. Making Decisions.
6. Repeating Instructions.
8. Advanced Collections.
9. Windows Programming.
10. Programming Based on Events.
11. Advanced Object-Oriented Programming Features.
12. Debugging and Handling Exceptions.
13. Working with Files.
14. Database Access Using LINQ and ADO.NET.
15. Web-Based Applications.
Appendix A: Visual Studio Configuration.
Appendix B: Code Editor Tools.
Appendix C: Character Sets.
Appendix D: Operator Precedence.
Appendix E: C# Keywords.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Instructor's Resource
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access