Request for consultation
Basic Infection Control for Health Care Providers, Second Edition, is a clear and concise guide to preventing occupational exposure hazards and communicable and infectious diseases. This book includes coverage on how to safely protect oneself from infectious agents and what do in case of infectious exposure. Discussions of the disease process and legal issues surrounding exposure and infectious diseases provide context for the material. The blend of fundamental infection control content and reference resources makes this tool perfect for use in an instructional setting or as a reference for practicing health care providers.
- Alerts call attention to important information health professionals should be aware of
- Case Study and Questions for Discussion features are designed to encourage critical thinking
- Answers to the Questions for Discussions are found at the back of the book, conveniently allowing you to assess comprehension of the concepts
1. Introduction to Infection Control.
2. Legal Issues.
3. The Disease Process.
4. The Immune System.
5. Protection from Communicable Disease in the Workplace.
6. Protection from Infectious Agents Used as Weapons.
7. Exposure Determination.
8. Post Exposure.
Appendix A Diseases of Concern.
Appendix B Answers to Questions for Discussion.
Appendix C Glossary.
All-You-Can-Learn Access with Cengage Unlimited
Cengage Unlimited is the first-of-its-kind digital subscription that gives students total and on-demand access to all the digital learning platforms, ebooks, online homework and study tools Cengage has to offer—in one place, for one price. Students get unlimited access to a library of more than 22,000 products for $119.99 per term.