Request for consultation
Based on ongoing, cutting-edge research into student workflows and preferences, ASTRO 3 from 4LTR Press engages readers of all generations and learning styles. Blending the best of print and digital, ASTRO 3 combines an easy-reference paperback, convenient tear-out Chapter Review Cards, and an innovative online experience –- all at an affordable price. Tools such as intuitive StudyBits™ help students prepare for class and study more effectively as well as visually monitor their own progress. And with the all-new ASTRO Online, students can learn anywhere, anytime, and on most devices. ASTRO 3 is completely up to date with the latest developments from the field. It features reorganized Concept Art spreads as well as new online content like Pop Astronomy and Featured Astronomers. With its straightforward course management, assessments, and analytics for instructors, ASTRO 3 with ASTRO Online integrates seamlessly into your Introduction to Astronomy course.
- Inspired by a comprehensive study of today's learners' unique challenges and workflows, all-new ASTRO Online enables students to study how and when they want -- including on their favorite devices! With the unique StudyBits™ functionality, students easily collect notes and create personalized StudyBits™ from interactive content to help them focus on what's most important. Intuitive tagging and filtering options help students maximize their study efforts as they make flashcards, take practice quizzes, view related content, and track their progress all in one place!
- Coupled with straightforward course management, assessment, and analytics for instructors, ASTRO 3 with ASTRO Online engages students of all generations and learning styles. It integrates seamlessly into your course, while setting the stage for students to think critically about astronomy.
- Completely up to date, ASTRO 3 reflects the latest research and developments from the field. Updated content includes new coverage of the New Horizons probe and Juno spacecraft (Chapter 7), novae and supernovae (Chapter 11), and life in our solar system (Chapter 15), in addition to updated data, figures, tables, and photos.
- ASTRO 3 comes complete with an engaging print textbook, tear-out review cards, and an interactive digital solution offering study tools and the full text narrative -- all developed with a deep understanding of students' workflow and learning styles. Available as print with online, print only, or online only, ASTRO 3 gives students their choice of format -- all at the same affordable price.
- Concise yet comprehensive chapters in a cutting-edge design present content in an engaging and accessible format that increases the number of students who read the chapter without minimizing coverage for your course.
- Tear-Out Review Cards at the back of the Student Editions equip students with a portable study tool containing all of the pertinent information for class and test preparation.
- Extremely student friendly, Concept Art spreads illustrate key terms and concepts and in an easy-to-follow, visually attractive presentation.
2. User's Guide to the Sky: Patterns and Cycles.
3. The Origin of Modern Astronomy.
4. Light and Telescopes.
5. Sun Light and Sun Atoms.
6. The Terrestrial Planets.
7. The Outer Solar System.
8. Origins of the Solar System and Extrasolar Planets.
9. The Family of Stars.
10. Structure and Formation of Stars.
11. The Deaths of Stars.
12. The Milky Way Galaxy.
13. Galaxies: Normal and Active.
14. Modern Cosmology.
15. Life on Other Worlds.
“I used all aspects of the 4LTR Press solutions. I found them very helpful study tools.”
"The online help was great. The games made it so it wasn't boring and I retained more of the information."
"I like the online quizzes. They are very helpful. So are the chapter review cards. I use them before each exam."