Request for consultation
PRINCIPLES OF WEB DESIGN, Sixth Edition, guides readers through the entire web site design process, while developing and enhancing HTML, CSS, and visual design skills along the way. Now updated to include designing web content for smartphones and tablets, this Sixth Edition features all-new sections on HTML5, CSS3, and responsive design as well as technical updates and new screen shots throughout. Beginning with the web design environment and the principles of sound web design, students will continue to planning site layout and navigation, and progress to web typography, colors and images, and more. With thought-provoking hands-on activities and projects, students will gain a solid foundation of designing successful, standards-based, responsive web sites that are portable across different operating systems, browsers, smartphones and tablets.
- Includes updated examples and information on web design for smartphones and tablets.
- Offers a new chapter on building responsive web pages.
- Updated to reflect the latest HTML5 and CSS3 standards and capabilities, focusing on HTML5 elements that create structure and interaction on web pages.
- Enhanced to include examples from recent web pages and browsers.
- Provides new coding samples and instructions for designing contemporary web pages.
- Discusses the latest HTML5 and CSS3 design trends, including building responsive web pages for smartphones and tablets.
- Full color! This allows users to see the truly visual nature of the example web sites used to illustrate web design principles.
- Updated code samples and hands-on activities let students “dive under the hood” and get plenty of coding experience.
- Companion site (www.joelsklar.com/pwd6), provides additional information, code samples, and links for further research.
2. Web Site Design Principles.
3. Site Planning.
4. Cascading Style Sheets.
5. Web Typography.
6. Box Properties.
7. Page Layouts.
8. Graphics and Color.
9. Site Navigation.
10. Data Tables.
11. Web Forms.
12. Responsive Web Design.
Appendix A: HTML Reference.
Appendix B: CSS Reference.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Web Site
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access