Request for consultation
ANDERSON’S BUSINESS LAW AND THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT, STANDARD VOLUME offers a briefer version of the business law market’s #1 summarized case text. Updated throughout, this 23E STANDARD VOLUME offers most of the content from the COMPREHENSIVE EDITION with the exception of parts on Business Organizations and Real Property. You’ll find time-tested, exceptionally clear discussions of law at the level of detail that’s ideal for your undergraduate students. This book provides thorough coverage without overwhelming students with unnecessary detail. Based on the authors’ extensive teaching experience, this book integrates a wealth of examples and applications that feature current events and familiar situations to help students grasp critical legal concepts. Numerous brief examples and applications marked "For Example" emphasize the relevance of what students are learning as they progress through each chapter’s narrative. Clear insights further prepare students for the CPA exam.
- NEW MINDTAP® OFFERS STUDENTS A FULLY ONLINE, HIGHLY PERSONALIZED LEARNING EXPERIENCE BUILT ON CENGAGE LEARNING CONTENT. MindTap® combines learning tools -- such as readings, multimedia, activities, and assessments -- into a singular learning path that guides students through the course. As an instructor, you can personalize the experience by customizing content and learning tools. MindTap® enables you to add your own content in the learning path with apps that integrate into the MindTap® framework seamlessly with your institution’s existing learning management systems.
- UPDATED CASES AND EXAMPLES FEATURE CURRENT AND NEWSWORTHY TOPICS. With the latest updates throughout this edition, it’s simple to bring today’s most recent developments and current events into your class.
- "MAKE THE CONNECTION" HIGHLIGHTS THE RELEVANCE OF WHAT STUDENTS ARE LEARNING. These engaging features at the end of each chapter help your students understand the relationship between concepts from the book and real-life situations.
- LEARNING OUTCOMES DIRECT STUDENT ATTENTION TO KEY CONCEPTS. These helpful learning features assist students in mastering and retaining legal concepts.
- ENHANCED INSTRUCTOR’S MANUAL SAVES YOU PREPARATION TIME. This essential resource is filled with insights, teaching strategies, and chapter outlines specifically designed to save you time and assist you in creating a dynamic course.
- ENGAGING, ACTIVE PRESENTATION KEEPS STUDENTS ENGAGED AND LEARNING. Known for delivering an active, lucid writing style, these experienced, award-winning authors present features with an appropriate depth of explanation, interesting cases, and real-world examples.
- RELEVANT CASES CLARIFY CONCEPTS AND HIGHLIGHT APPLICATIONS. Engaging cases reinforce student comprehension and ensure the clearest application of concepts. This edition’s cases present landmark decisions as well as appellate decisions.
- CPA ICONS THROUGHOUT THE BOOK DIRECT READERS TO CONTENT COVERED ON THE CPA EXAM. Icons identify CPA exam-related content within the chapters while end-of-chapter materials include questions drawn from past CPA exams.
About The Authors.
PART I: THE LEGAL AND SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS.
1. The Nature and Sources of Law.
2. The Court System and Dispute Resolution.
3. Business Ethics, Social Forces, and The Law.
4. The Constitution As The Foundation of The Legal Environment.
5. Government Regulation of Competition and Prices.
6. Administrative Agencies.
9. Intellectual Property Rights and The Internet.
10. The Legal Environment of International Trade.
PART II: CONTRACTS.
11. Nature and Classes of Contracts: Contracting On The Internet.
12. Formation of Contracts: offer and Acceptance.
13. Capacity and Genuine Assent.
15. Legality and Public Policy.
16. Writing, Electronic Forms, and Interpretation of Contracts.
17. Third Persons and Contracts.
18. Discharge of Contracts.
19. Breach of Contract and Remedies.
PART III: SALES AND LEASES OF GOODS.
20. Personal Property and Bailments.
21. Legal Aspects of Supply Chain Management.
22. Nature and Form of Sales.
23. Title and Risk of Loss.
24. Product Liability: Warranties and Torts.
25. Obligations and Performance.
26. Remedies For Breach of Sales Contracts.
PART IV: NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENTS.
27. Kinds of Instruments, Parties, and Negotiability.
28. Transfers of Negotiable Instruments and Warranties of Parties.
29. Liability of The Parties Under Negotiable Instruments.
30. Checks and Funds Transfers.
PART V: DEBTOR-CREDITOR RELATIONSHIPS.
31. Nature of The Debtor-Creditor Relationship.
32. Consumer Protection.
33. Secured Transactions In Personal Property.
PART VI: AGENCY AND EMPLOYMENT.
37. Third Persons In Agency.
38. Regulation of Employment.
39. Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Find everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access, Standard
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.
Instructor's Edition, Standard
The Instructor Sample/Review copy of ANDERSON’S BUSINESS LAW AND THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT, STANDARD VOLUME offers a briefer version of the business law market’s #1 summarized case text with content from the COMPREHENSIVE EDITION except the parts on Business Organizations and Real Property. Clear discussions of law provide thorough coverage without overwhelming students with unnecessary detail. Examples and applications feature current events and familiar situations to help students grasp legal concepts. Clear insights further prepare students for the CPA exam.
All-You-Can-Learn Access with Cengage Unlimited
Cengage Unlimited is the first-of-its-kind digital subscription that gives students total and on-demand access to all the digital learning platforms, ebooks, online homework and study tools Cengage has to offer—in one place, for one price. Students get unlimited access to a library of more than 22,000 products for $119.99 per term.