Request for consultation
Help students explore all aspects of marketing communications, from time-honored methods to the newest developments in the field backed by the latest research, data and analytic techniques with one of today’s leading IMC texts, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, AND OTHER ASPECTS OF INTEGRATED MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS, 10E. Comprehensive treatment of the fundamentals focuses on advertising and sales promotion, including planning, branding, consumer behavior, media buying, public relations, packaging, POP communications, and personal selling. Readers focus on emerging topics, such as the popularity of apps, social media outlets, online and digital practices, and viral communications, and their impact on traditional marketing. Revisions make this edition the most current IMC text on the market with must-know changes to environmental, regulatory, and ethical issues; MindTap® Insights Online; place-based applications; privacy; global marketing; and memorable advertising campaigns.
- LATEST IMC TECHNIQUES ARE BACKED BY RECENT AND CLASSIC RESEARCH, DATA AND ANALYSIS. Students examine the rationale for IMC approaches based on articles from leading journals, including Journal of Advertising, Journal of Advertising Research, Journal of Marketing, Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Public Policy & Marketing, and Journal of Retailing. In addition, data from Advertising Age’s Data Center and Marketing Fact Pack, Nielsen, Kantar Media, Carat, Zenith OptiMedia, eMarketer, and comScore serve as the basis for the book’s numerous tables, analysis and support material.
- TEXT EMPHASIZES STRONG TIES TO BRANDING AND OUTCOME-BASED MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE. All advertising and promotion examples are fully integrated with branding, including a special treatment of brand equity and intellectual property issues. To reflect today’s shift in agency compensation to outcome-based performance, numerous examples connect advertising and promotion to such measures. Students find meaningful discussions of the link between advertising and sales/behavior, return on investment, advertising elasticities and prediction of market share.
- THIS EDITION REVIEWS THE LATEST MATERIAL ON EMERGING AREAS OF IMC. Students examine app advertising, digital media choices and issues for online and mobile advertising, new research techniques such as neuroimaging, ad privacy and blocking wars, sponsored content, customer relationship management (CRM), and non-traditional media choices in IMC.
- THE HARVARD BUSINESS PUBLISHING CASE MAP. If you wish to use Harvard Business Publishing cases, this map links chapters to almost 70 HBP cases suggested for review for use in your classroom as you emphasize and directly apply IMC principles.
- ALL NEW AND UPDATED MARCOM INSIGHTS, INSIGHTS ONLINE AND GLOBAL FOCUSES KEEP CONTENT BOTH CURRENT AND ENGAGING. The Marcom Insights, Insights Online, and Global Focuses in this edition are all-new or updated with the latest material. For example, the fascination evolution of the Goodwill Boutique brand is now featured in the Marcom Insight in Chapter 3. To remain more current, these features are linked to the online resource, MindTap®.
- THE LATEST CONTENT LINKS TO INSIGHTS ONLINE IN MINDTAP® TO ENSURE CUTTING-EDGE UPDATES. In addition to these timely Online Insights, you find a wealth of helpful supporting material in MindTap® to keep your classroom presentations up to date, including commercial links and other important IMC features.
- CONTEMPORARY ADS BRING PRINCIPLES TO LIFE. Students clearly see how successful marketers have turned products into household names, as advertising campaigns in the book’s readings demonstrate effective advertising in action.
- MINDTAP® INSIGHTS ONLINE HIGHLIGHT THE LATEST MARKETING AND ADVERTISING DEVELOPMENTS. These engaging features in MindTap® draw students’ attention to a variety of brilliant ads that illustrate key IMC concepts at work within real company situations. These Insights enhance the text’s global marketing perspective, while spotlighting unique international applications and their impacts on IMC campaigns.
- HARVARD BUSINESS PUBLISHING CASE MAP: A new Harvard Business Publishing Case map ties over 90 Harvard cases to the 23 chapters of the text. This case map provides the full case identification on the HBP site, a case abstract, and its fit into specific chapters in the text. These cases represent some of the most recently applied issues and problems experienced in the many areas of marcom. The IMC Case Map is posted to the instructor companion site: www.cengage.com/login.
- UP-TO-DATE MATERIAL ENSURES YOU ARE TEACHING THE MOST CURRENT INFORMATION. This edition discusses the latest IMC methods, research, and practices -- including social, ethical, regulatory, and international dimensions -- to give your students a comprehensive picture of how IMC is practiced today. All material is backed by the latest research and data in today’s advertising and marketing fields.
- BOOK FOCUSES ON EMERGING PRACTICES. This edition’s IMC coverage would not be complete without discussions of online, mobile, apps, viral, and social media practices and options, making the book the most current text of its kind. Students examine the latest issues and how these issues are impacting traditional marketing.
- INTERESTING INSIGHTS OFFER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE AND PERSPECTIVES. Chapter-opening "Marcom Insights" introduce today’s students to each chapter’s topics with practical, professional guidance and helpful tips and advice.
1. An Overview of Integrated Marketing Communications.
2. Enhancing Brand Equity and Accountability.
3. Brand Adoption, Brand Naming and Intellectual Property Issues.
4. Environmental, Regulatory and Ethical Issues.
Part II: FUNDAMENTAL IMC PLANNING AND DECISIONS.
5. Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning.
6. The Communications Process and Consumer Behavior.
7. The Role of Persuasion in IMC.
8. IMC Objective Setting and Budgeting.
Part III: ADVERTISING MANAGEMENT AND MEDIA CHOICES.
9. An Overview of Advertising Management.
10. Effective and Creative Ad Messages.
11. Endorsers and Message Appeals in Advertising.
12. Traditional Ad Media.
13. Digital Media: Online, Mobile and App Advertising.
14. Social Media.
15. Direct Marketing, CRM, and Other Media.
16. Media Planning and Analysis.
17. Measuring Ad Message Effectiveness.
Part IV: SALES PROMOTION MANAGEMENT.
18. Sales Promotion Overview and the Role of Trade Promotion.
19. Consumer Sales Promotion: Sampling and Couponing.
20. Consumer Sales Promotion: Premiums and Other Promotions.
Part V: OTHER IMC TOOLS.
21. Public Relations, Content Marketing, Viral Marketing, and Sponsorships.
22. Packaging, POP Communications, and Signage.
23. Personal Selling.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor’s Companion Website
Find everything you need for your course in one convenient place. Log on to the password-protected site to access a wide range of resources, such as electronic versions of the instructor's manual, PowerPoint® slides, test questions, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.