Request for consultation
This robust learning package integrates advanced word processing, document formatting and design, and communication skills within a single text, along with a strong emphasis on honing skills by competing projects in a realistic office environment. Using Microsoft® Word 2016, students will format advanced business correspondence, tables, reports, mail merge files, graphics, and a broad range of common document types, including meeting, travel, news, legal, medical, and human resources/employment, as well as practicing real-time co-authoring on OneDrive. The text includes nine modular projects and two comprehensive projects to help students apply what they learn and prepare to be productive immediately when beginning their careers. Combined with Skills Assessment Manager (SAM)—an interactive, online learning and testing tool—the text makes your course easier to teach and manage by enabling students to work independently from anywhere.
- The text includes up-to-date coverage of Microsoft® Word 2016 and Windows® 10, giving students exposure to current versions of essential software, along with a greater emphasis on critical productivity commands and decreased attention to less frequently used options.
- Skills Assessment Manager (SAM), an interactive, online learning and testing tool, is now available for use in conjunction with the printed text, giving you access to powerful teaching and course management capabilities while allowing students to work independently when and where they like.
- Coverage of new features in Windows® 10 and Microsoft® Word 2016, including Save to Cloud, Share, and co-authoring in real time.
- Graphics modules now incorporate online pictures and videos to bring the content to life, while Communicating Today features highlight important industry trends and their relation to productivity tools found in Microsoft® Word 2016.
- The authors employ a proven, pedagogically sound approach to teach word processing and document formatting using five steps: Locate and learn commands (Ribbon path), Execute commands (step-by-step directions and screenshots), Apply new commands (short drills), Integrate document design (full-page models), and Reinforce commands and formats in realistic projects.
- An extensive Reference Guide covers grammatical rules and guidelines and includes a range of model documents, giving students consistent examples to use as a standard for their work. Communication activities, based on rules outlined in the Reference Guide, further reinforce essential business communication skills and prepare students for academic and job success.
- Quick Check features provide a visual thumbnail solution to help students either confirm that they are proceeding correctly, or recognize notable missteps and adjust as necessary.
- Nine projects conclude key modules, giving students an opportunity to apply their knowledge and skills to realistic workplace scenarios, while two comprehensive projects integrate critical thinking, document formatting, and word processing skills.
Commands by Module.
Part III: BEYOND THE ESSENTIALS--FORMATTING ADVANCED DOCUMENTS.
10. Advanced Business Correspondence (L56-60).
11. Documents with Complex Tables and Graphics (61-69).
12. Business Reports (L70-75).
13. Mail Merge (L76-80).
14. Hess Pet Center I (L81-83).
Part IV: DOCUMENTS FOR SPECIALIZED FIELDS.
15. Meeting, Travel, and News Documents (L84-88).
16. Human Resources/Employment Documents (L89-93).
17. Health and Medical Documents (94-98).
18. Legal Documents (L99-104).
19. Hess Pet Center II (L105-107).
20. Real-Time Co-Authoring (L108-110).
Appendix A: Windows 10.
Appendix B: File Management.
Appendix C: Reference Guide.
Appendix D: Command Summary.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor’s Companion Website
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint presentations, instructor’s manual, test banks, solution files, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.