Request for consultation
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGY AT A GLANCE, 1st edition is an essential part of your student's journey from the classroom to the professional environment. Aligned with the five major content categories of the national ARRT exam, the text is designed to help clarify and explain imaging concepts and theories critical to the imaging profession. The user-friendly format promotes critical thinking and reinforces retention of material. Each chapter provides learning objectives, an overview of the concept, discussion of important terminology, formulas, and imaging practice, and includes hundreds of tables and illustrations. Practice exercises like matching, critical thinking, and retention of material exercises help reinforce major concepts and identify areas where more review may be needed. Accompanying software offers additional practice, including exam style review questions and a comprehensive audio pronunciation library. By encouraging your student to bring this text to class, use it as test preparation, and carry it on the job, you will find that RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGY AT A GLANCE clarifies and reinforces understanding of critical concepts related to the imaging profession.
- Aligned with the five major content categories identified in the national credentialing examination given by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Organized using a reference-style methodology that helps users locate specific terminology in a quick and easy manner.
- Promotes concept thinking and reinforces retention of material to help learners identify areas of weakness as well as strengths.
- Designed to accompany students throughout their program coursework and into the profession- a valuable tool that can be used as quick reference, for test preparation, and as a professional reference.
- Provides hundreds of practice questions and visual aids that strengthen understanding of concepts to keep the learner motivated.
- Offers free software with additional exam-style questions, terminology review, audio pronunciations of 1000+ radiology terms, and retention activities to reinforce the learning process.
About the Author.
About the Book and Components.
I: CONTENT CATEGORY – PROFESSIONAL CONSIDERATIONS & PATIENT CARE.
1. Professional Organizations & Imaging Modalities.
2. Abbreviations & Word Parts.
3. Medical & Legal Terms.
4. Infection Control.
5. Pharmacology & Contrast Media.
II: CONTENT CATEGORY - EQUIPMENT OPERATION & QUALITY CONTROL.
6. Physics Terms.
7. X-ray Circuit.
8. X-ray Tube.
III: CONTENT CATEGORY - IMAGE PRODUCTION & EVALUATION.
10. Image Production.
11. Imaging Principles & Mathematical Equations.
IV: CONTENT CATEGORY - RADIATION EFFECTS & PROTECTIVE MEASURES.
12. Radiation Biology.
13. Radiation Protection.
V: CONTENT CATEGORY – ANATOMY AND IMAGING PROCEDURES.
14. Organ System Anatomy.
15. Positioning Terms, Landmarks & Lines.
Appendix A: ASRT Code of Ethics.
Appendix B: Professional Imaging Organizations.
Appendix C: ASRT Scope of Practice (Practice Standards).
Appendix D: 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and ECC.
Appendix E: 2010 Patient's Bill of Rights.
Appendix F: Informed consent.
Appendix G: Venipuncture protocol.
Appendix H: Incident report.
Appendix I: Dosimetry report.
All-You-Can-Learn Access with Cengage Unlimited
Cengage Unlimited is the first-of-its-kind digital subscription that gives students total and on-demand access to all the digital learning platforms, ebooks, online homework and study tools Cengage has to offer—in one place, for one price. Students get unlimited access to a library of more than 22,000 products for $119.99 per semester.