Request for consultation
100% Online Student Success is a text intended to improve student success and retention in online learning. Beginning with an outline of essential elements of student success and the benefits online learning affords, it emphasizes the importance personal responsibility, organizational skills, and time management play in creating success. Focus is placed on developing success skills in online communication, virtual classroom management, and online learning strategies; and in strengthening technical competence. 100% Online Student Success identifies common concerns of online learners and provides helpful tips for self-management. Appendices provide additional help in overcoming personal barriers to online learning success.
- Includes cognitive, behavioral and skill level explanations of poor student performance and offers solutions for change.
- Each chapter begins with a section called the "big picture" which functions like a site map to encourage students to recognize and consider relationships among various concepts and pieces of information learned.
- Each chapter includes learning objectives that define desired outcomes acting as a tool to measure what has been retained, and what still needs to be studied.
- Each chapter includes practical scenarios that demonstrate the application of chapter content to the real world.
- Encourages guided reflection so students can increase self-awareness and improve decision-making.
- Individual activities, group activities and Internet activities are found in Apply It! sections.
Chapter 2. ONLINE COMMUNICATION AND COMMUNITY
Chapter 3. TECHNICAL CONSIDERATIONS
Chapter 4.YOUR UNIQUENESS FACTOR
Chapter 5. THE VIRTUAL CLASSROOM
Chapter 6. LEARNING STRATEGIES
Chapter 7. COMMON CONCERNS OF THE ONLINE COLLEGE STUDENT
Chapter 8. HEALTH CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE ONLINE STUDENT
Chapter 9. FINANCIAL CONSIDERATIONS
APPENDIX 1: APA Style
APPENDIX 2: MLA Style
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Online Companion