Request for consultation
100% Externship Success provides students with the framework to prepare for a successful externship, and career. This text focuses on the practical skills necessary for the job search with games, forms, worksheets, review quizzes, and hands-on exercises. Soft skills including customer service, ethics and dependability necessary to keeping a job are covered as well. The text also serves as a valuable reference, divided into three parts that address planning for an externship, success strategies on the job, and long-term career skills.
- Covers development of "soft skills", which are vital for student success on the externship
- Self-assessments allow students to match themselves to a position in order to be successful
- Excellent summary lists of essential information, leading to a clearer understanding of what employers want and what the perspective employee should do to address those wants
- Presents information on creating a resume, portfolio and developing interviewing skills for students to prepare for an effective job search
- Back of book CD- ROM features interactive quizzes and games to help reinforce key concepts in text
Chapter 2: Customer Service
Chapter 3: Communicating on the Job
Chapter 4: Professionalism
Chapter 5: Doing the Right Thing
Chapter 6: Achieving Professional Success
Forms for success
Job Application Cheat Sheet
Sample Job Application
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Online Companion
All-You-Can-Learn Access with Cengage Unlimited
Cengage Unlimited is the first-of-its-kind digital subscription that gives students total and on-demand access to all the digital learning platforms, ebooks, online homework and study tools Cengage has to offer—in one place, for one price. Students get unlimited access to a library of more than 22,000 products for $119.99 per semester.