About The Solution
In today's cutting-edge business world, enterprise resource planning (ERP) software plays a critical role. By bringing a company's many different functions together into one large integrated system, it creates an abundance of opportunities for growth and increased productivity. However, mastery of ERP is central to success and Concepts in Enterprise Resource Planning, Third Edition, provides the perfect tool for making sense of this vastly important technology. The book examines enterprise software in general and shows readers how ERP software can improve the functions of a company, how it can streamline operations, and how the functional areas of any package relate to each other. The third edition has been updated to reflect the very latest trends and updates in ERP software. With all new sidebar cases and real-world examples throughout, this text will not only provide a thorough introduction to the world of enterprise resource planning, but will also prepare readers for success in today's marketplace.
Additional Product Information
- Numerous screenshots familiarize readers with software programs and key concepts
- End-of-chapter questions and exercises test mastery of the subject matter periodically and allow for immediate feedback
- Ongoing case study of a fictitious company illustrates how ERP works when applied to all aspects of a single business
- Many examples use the industry-leading software, SAP, preparing readers for work with a program that they are likely to encounter in their professional experiences
Table of Contents
1. Business Functions, Processes and Data Requirements
2. The Development of Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
3. Marketing Information Systems and the Sales Order Process
4. Production and Supply Chain Management Information Systems
5. Accounting in ERP Systems
6. Human Resources Processes with ERP
7. Process Modeling, Process Improvement, and ERP Implementation
8. ERP and Electronic Commerce
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title’s "About the Solution" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Resource CD-ROM
(ISBN-10: 1423902009 | ISBN-13: 9781423902003)
Custom learning materials let you create a digital or print course solution in the style and format best
for you and your learners. Maximize engagement and achieve desired outcomes with the aid of our academic and
digital experts, who have years of experience helping instructors customize material to specific course needs.
Create your custom solution »