Casebook in Abnormal Psychology, 4th Edition
- Timothy A. Brown Boston University
- David H. Barlow Boston University
- ISBN-10: 0495604380
- ISBN-13: 9780495604389
- 320 Pages Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2007, 2001, 1997
- © 2011 | Published
Using cases from the authors' files or from case files of other working clinicians, CASEBOOK IN ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY portrays the rich and arresting nature of disorders manifested in real people. Cases illustrate every major DSM-IV category, followed by a therapy outcome section that tells the "rest of the story" of what happened to these clients. Using an integrative approach, the authors emphasize the multiple causes of disorders and incorporate developmental and cultural issues in each case. Complex cases are presented without a diagnosis, so students can come up with a diagnosis on their own. This Fourth Edition includes a new case on body dysmorphic disorder as well as two new cases without a diagnosis.
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs. Contact your Cengage Learning representative for more information.
Bundle: Casebook in Abnormal Psychology, 4th + Psychology Module: Careers in Psychology
ISBN-10: 142820735X | ISBN-13: 9781428207356
1. Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
2. Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia.
3. Adolescent Social Phobia.
4. Posttraumatic Stress Disorder.
5. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
6. Body Dysmorphic Disorder.
7. Physical Abuse of Adult (Domestic Violence).
8. Dissociative Identity Disorder.
9. Major Depression.
10. Bipolar Disorder.
11. Bulimia Nervosa.
12. Anorexia Nervosa.
13. Sexual Disorder (Paraphilia): Pedophilia.
14. Alcohol Dependence.
15. Borderline Personality Disorder.
17. Autistic Disorder.
18. Diagnosis Note Provided: Case #1.
19. Diagnosis Note Provided: Case #2.
20. Diagnosis Note Provided: Case #3.