Table of Contents
Preface to the Fourth Edition.
1. The Ju/'hoansi.
2. The People of the Dobe Area.
3. Environment and Settlement.
4. Subsistence: Foraging for a Living.
5. Kinship and Social Organization.
6. Marriage and Sexuality.
7. Complaint Discourse: Aging and Caregiving among the Ju/'hoansi.
8. Conflict, Politics, and Exchange.
9. Coping with Life: Religion, World View, and Healing.
10. The Ju/'hoansi and Their Neighbors.
11. Perceptions and Directions of Social Change.
12. The Ju/'hoansi Today.
13. Tsumkwe at 50: The 2010 Social Survey of a Namibian Ju/'hoansi Town.
14. Anthropological Practice and Lessons of the Ju/'hoansi.
Postscript: The /Gwihaba Dancers.
Appendix A: Eating Christmas in the Kalahari.
Appendix B: The Kalahari Debate: Ju/'hoan Images of the Colonial Encounter.
Glossary of Ju/'hoan and Other Non-English Terms.
Films of the Ju/'hoansi: An Annotated List.
References Cited and Recommended Readings.
Custom learning materials let you create a digital or print course solution in the style and format best
for you and your learners. Maximize engagement and achieve desired outcomes with the aid of our academic and
digital experts, who have years of experience helping instructors customize material to specific course needs.
Create your custom solution »