About The Solution
Integrating a unique conceptual- and skills-based approach, HELPING PROCESS: ASSESSMENT TO TERMINATION presents the methodology of the helping process as it is practiced in the human service field. The strong applied approach of this “worktext” includes an innovative content chapter/skill chapter format. Skills/techniques are introduced in an overview chapter, which is followed by a chapter that provides case examples and worksheets enabling students to put what they learn into practice. Five chapters focus on the application of skills necessary for assessing, intake interviewing, planning, building a case file, implementing, and terminating work with clients. HELPING PROCESS is thoroughly grounded in strength-based helping. Featuring a multicultural emphasis throughout, it details the helping process using quotes, in-depth case studies, vignettes, and examples from front-line service providers such as counselors, case managers, and social workers to illustrate and reinforce key concepts.
Additional Product Information
- Written by proven authors who are seasoned professors and practitioners, this unique “worktext” captures the complexity and flexibility of the helping process from assessment to termination and follow-up.
- Reflecting the latest practices from the field, the text is grounded in a strengths-based approach to helping. This model is integrated throughout the helping process and marks a redirection from problems, pathologies, and liabilities to an emphasis on strengths, resources, coping, possibilities, and resilience.
- HELPING PROCESS is comprised of both content chapters and skills-practice chapters. A content chapter provides an overview of skills and techniques, introducing students to the skills and their role in the helping process. A skills-practice section follows each content chapter, giving students hands-on experience putting newly learned skills into practice. These chapters provide students opportunities to develop their skills in assessing, intake interviewing, planning, building a case file, implementing, and terminating clients. They also include exercises for self-reflection.
- An emphasis on encouraging client participation in the process, reviewing cases, and documenting and report writing appears throughout all chapters.
- Case studies that illustrate human service practice provide students with the ability to see theory in real-world practice.
- HELPING PROCESS is packed with quotes from service providers, vignettes, and examples that reflect today’s multicultural reality. A sensitivity to and understanding of this reality dramatically increases the effectiveness of helping professionals. This multicultural emphasis includes ethnic and racial diversity as well as gender, age, cognitive abilities, and sexual orientation. Examples and cases reflect real-world practice, enabling students to understand the complexities of helping.
- Issues covered “In More Depth”--such as intake interviewing children--allow students to grasp and retain material effectively.
- Chapter Objectives help readers focus their reading and study. Key terms, Chapter Summaries, Chapter Reviews, and Questions for Discussion serve as learning guides for students.
Best Buy Packages
Other Popular Packages
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs. Contact your
Cengage Learning representative for more information.
Bundle: Text + Helping Professions Learning Center 2-Semester Printed Access Card
ISBN-10: 1111979340 | ISBN-13: 9781111979348
List Price = $107.95
| CengageBrain Price = $85.99
| College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $80.26
This Bundle Includes:
Helping Process: Assessment to Termination
List Price = $107.95
| CengageBrain Price = $85.99
| College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $80.25
Helping Professions Learning Center 2-Semester Printed Access Card
List Price = $29.95
| College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $22.00
Table of Contents
1. Introducing the Helping Process.
2. The Assessment Phase.
3. Assessment Skills.
4. Effective Intake Interviewing.
5. Interviewing Skills.
6. Service Delivery Planning.
7. Planning Skills.
8. Building a Case File.
9. Skills to Build the Case File.
10. Coordinating Services.
11. Providing Services.
12. Implementation and Termination Skills.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title’s "About the Solution" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
Helping Professions Learning Center Instant Access Code
(ISBN-10: 1111832196 | ISBN-13: 9781111832193)
List Price = $23.50
| College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $23.50
Custom learning materials let you create a digital or print course solution in the style and format best
for you and your learners. Maximize engagement and achieve desired outcomes with the aid of our academic and
digital experts, who have years of experience helping instructors customize material to specific course needs.
Create your custom solution »