Middle East Conflict: Primary Sources, 2nd Edition
- Published By:
- ISBN-10: 1414486103
- ISBN-13: 9781414486109
- DDC: 956
- Grade Level Range: 6th Grade - 10th Grade
- Shipping Weight: 2.50 lbs ( 1.13 kgs)
- 408 Pages | Print | Hardcover
- © 2012 | Published
This new edition of the Middle East Conflict: Primary Sources volume has been fully updated and expanded to cover primary sources related to the "Arab Spring," as well as the growing unrest in the region.
1. Vying for Power: Dividing Palestine.
The Peel Commission Report. The Biltmore Program. The Alexandria Protocol.
2. Forming a State: The Birth of Israel and the Arab Response.
Declaration of the Establishment of the State of Israel. Statement Issued on the Occasion of the Entry of the Arab Armies in Palestine.
3. Conflict in the Middle East after the 1967 Arab-Israeli War.
United Nations Resolution 242. The Palestinian National Charter.
4. The Road to Peace.
Speeches to the Knesset. The Oslo Accords. Israel’s Revised Disengagement Plan. The Goldstone Report. Reconsidering Goldstone.
5. Competing Visions of the Middle East.
The Jewish State. Speech to the Officer’s Club. Jihad Against Jews and Crusaders. The Contribution of Islam to a Global Ethic. Obama’s Cairo Speech.
6. Personal Accounts of the Middle East Conflict.
Resistance. They Must Go. Letters from Tel Mond Prison. Daughter of the Olive Trees. Den of Lions. Barefoot in Baghdad.
7. Artists’ Perspectives on the Middle East.
Palestine. The Poetry of Mahmoud Darwish. Persepolis.
8. The Arab Spring.
The Damascus Declaration. Taking to the Street. Out of the Shadow of Fear.