The SAGE Sourcebook of Modern Biomedical Devices: Business Markets in the Global Environment is the first accessible, broadly available source of information that presents and quantifies the commercial success of numerous types of biomedical devices available in the global market.
It is of great importance, for both the research and the business communities, to identify specific biomedical device types, per major therapeutic areas, most commercially successful in today's global economic markets, such as in the biggest market (U.S.), in the Pacific Rim, and in the newly expanded European Union. Currently, such vital information is not available anywhere else, definitely not in a unified source and not in a detailed, well-substantiated, reliable, and easy-to-read form.
Key features include:
- Presents, for the first time in one reference source, unique quantitative data and brief comparative analysis of the commercial performance of more than 180 types of biomedical devices.
- Covers devices from practically all major therapeutic areas of application, such as orthopedic devices, cardiovascular devices, gastrointestinal devices, cancer treatment devices, imaging devices, and spinal implants, as well as emerging markets for cardiac surgery devices.
- Offers global analysis of markets per device per therapeutic area, including North America, Pacific Rim, and the European Community.
- Examines commercial success, market shares, and business potential of the rapidly changing new technologies and the new markets. Thus, this Encyclopedia will be useful as a possible indication of further direction of research, development, and investments in the biomedical device areas globally.
- Reflects the latest changes in the marketplace. The information will be periodically updated.
- Presents data in a concise, clear, and reader-friendly way, with emphasis on graphs, tables, and charts.