Written by experienced technicians, MODERN DIESEL TECHNOLOGY: HEAVY EQUIPMENT SYSTEMS, 2nd Edition combines manufacturer-based and universal information into a single, reliable resource. The book’s unique focus on off-highway mobile equipment systems delivers service and repair essentials for heavy equipment, agricultural equipment, and powered lift truck technology. Detailing everything from safety to best practices, chapter coverage addresses four key areas: hydraulics, heavy duty brakes, and drivetrains, as well as steering, suspension, and track systems. The 2nd Edition of MODERN DIESEL TECHNOLOGY: HEAVY EQUIPMENT SYSTEMS also includes the latest updates in computer-controlled hydraulics, GPS, electronic controls for other systems to help specialty technicians master their ever-evolving trade.
Table of Contents
2. Hoisting And Rigging.
3. Introduction to Hydraulics.
4. Hydraulic System Components.
5. Hydraulic Symbols and Schematics.
6. Hydraulic System Maintenance and Diagnostics.
7. Hydraulic Brakes.
8. Spring-Applied, Hydraulic-Released Brakes.
9. Air and Air Over Hydraulic Brake Systems.
10. Introduction to Powertrains.
11. Powershift Transmissions.
12. Hydrostatic Drive Systems and Retarders.
13. Driveline Systems.
14. Heavy Duty Drive Axles.
15. Final Drives.
16. Steering Systems.
17. Tires, Tracks, and Rim Systems.
18. Suspension Systems.
19. Machine and Equipment Electronics.
20. AC Electric Drive Systems.