Milady Standard Natural Hair Care and Braiding is designed to be the training resource of choice for individuals committed to nurturing textured hair and providing excellent natural hair care services. This book introduces the technical and creative aspects of braiding, styling, and grooming hair that is naturally curly, kinky, or multi-textured. Also included, are 17 procedures with step-by-step photos and detailed instructions in techniques for styling and grooming natural hair and natural hair additions. This is a “must have” for those who are serious about developing a wide range of services and building a broad, diverse client base--crucial elements for success in the flourishing hair care industry.
Additional Product Information
Table of Contents
1. History and Career Opportunities.
2. Infection Control Principles and Practices.
3. Basic Principles for Personal and Professional Success.
4. The Professional Consultation.
5. Hair Types, Structure. and Textural Differences.
6. Hair and Scalp Diseases and Disorders.
7. Basic Anatomy, Physiology, and Nutrition.
8. Shampoos, Conditioners, Herbal Treatments, and Rinses.
9. Textured Hair Is Manageable.
10. Natural Hair and Braid-Sculpting Techniques.