Table of Contents
Section I: FOUNDATIONS.
1. The Lay of the Land.
2. Framing the Experience: The Developmental Stages of an Internship.
3. Internship Essentials: Tools for Staying Engaged.
4. Starting with You: Understanding Yourself.
Section II: BEGINNINGS.
5. Experiencing the 'What Ifs': The Anticipation Stage.
6. Internship Essentials: The Learning Contract and Supervision.
7. Getting to Know the Clients: Chapter of Special Relevance to Helping and Service Professionals.
Section III: RHYTHMS.
8. Moving Ahead: The Exploration Stage.
9. Internship Essentials: Advanced Tools for Staying Engaged and Moving Forward.
10. Navigating the Internship Site.
11. Finding the Beat of the Community.
Section IV: CRESCENDOS.
12. Riding High: The Competence Stage.
13. Internship Essentials: Professional, Ethical, and Legal Issues: What's to Know and Why?.
14. And in the End: The Culmination Stage.
Custom learning materials let you create a digital or print course solution in the style and format best
for you and your learners. Maximize engagement and achieve desired outcomes with the aid of our academic and
digital experts, who have years of experience helping instructors customize material to specific course needs.
Create your custom solution »