FEDERAL TAX RESEARCH, Ninth Edition, offers hands-on tax research analysis and has been fully updated to cover computer-oriented tax research tools such as CD-ROMs, the Internet, and computerized databases. The ninth edition offers a new chapter on Financial Accounting Research that, combined with their study of tax research, will equip students with the valuable research skills they need to be marketable to future employers. Also included in this edition is coverage on international tax research, an expanded review of tax ethics, and real-life cases to help foster a true understanding of federal tax law. Students will also receive a great amount of material on the role of tax research as it relates to the CPA exam. No other text can better prepare the user on tax research procedures and multiple applications!
Table of Contents
Part I: THE TAX RESEARCH ENVIRONMENT.
1. Introduction to Tax Practice and Ethics.
2. Tax Research Methodology.
Part II: PRIMARY SOURCES OF FEDERAL TAX LAW.
3. Constitutional and Legislative Sources.
4. Administrative Regulations and Rulings.
5. Judicial Interpretations.
Part III: RESEARCH TOOLS.
6. Commercial Tax Services.
7. Citators and Tax Periodicals.
8. State Tax Services.
9. International Tax Services.
10. Financial Accounting Research.
Part IV: IMPLEMENTING THE RESEARCH TOOLS.
11. Communicating Research Results.
12. Tax Planning.
13. Working with the IRS.
14. Tax Practice and Administration: Sanctions, Agreements, and Disclosures.
Appendix A: Time Value of Money Tables.
Appendix B: Standard Tax Citations.
Appendix C: IRS Circular 230.