Drupal 7 Primer: Creating CMS-Based Websites: A Guide for Beginners, 1st Edition
- Todd Kelsey
- ISBN-10: 1435459903 | ISBN-13: 9781435459908
- 400 Pages
- © 2012 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $30.00
In the past, in order to make a website, you had to manually assemble all the files and develop a fair amount of technical expertise; however, an open source content management system (CMS) like Drupal can automate and significantly simplify many parts of the process. This book contains an easy-to-understand introduction to related concepts and a series of step-by-step examples that can help you learn how to use Drupal to create and maintain a website. The coverage also includes using a "quick-install" Web hosting account, which can greatly reduce the complexity of installing Drupal. You’ll find that this book is written with beginners in mind; no prior expertise is required, except some familiarity with how to browse the Internet and use a PC. By the end of the book, you’ll have a working knowledge of content management systems, installing and building a site in Drupal, and various Web promotion tactics that can help you share your new site with the world.
1. Why CMS?
2. Learning about Content Management Systems – Starting with Google Sites.
3. Exploring CMS: Showcase Sites, Live Demos, and Other Resources.
4. CMS Concepts – Visual Tour of a CMS-Based Site.
5. Getting Started – One-Click Installation.
6. Easy Security – Taming the Monster.
8. Easy Content – Google Ajax Wizards.
9. Easy Information – Google Analytics.
10. Easy Administration – Ongoing Management.
11. Easy Expansion – Adding Content and Menus.
12. Modules to Simplify Content Creation.
13. Exploring Themes and Modules.
14. Promoting Your Site on Social Networks.
15. Promoting Your Drupal Site with Social Advertising.
16. Integrating Ecommerce: Google Checkout and Other Options.