Available free in a package with any Cengage Learning chemistry text or available for separate purchase at www.cengagebrain.com, this straightforward, thorough SURVIVAL GUIDE FOR GENERAL, ORGANIC AND BIOCHEMISTRY provides everything students need to survive and thrive in the GOB course. Modeled after Atwood's widely popular GENERAL CHEMISTRY SURVIVAL GUIDE, this guide helps students master concepts, improve essential problem-solving skills, and make the most of their study time, for optimal exam results. Designed as a reader's guide to a GOB textbook, this extremely reader friendly guide offers detailed step-by-step problem-solving sequences, giving students the competency--and confidence--they need. This brief but powerful resource covers the most fundamental aspects of GOB in a succinct, straightforward series of essential modules.
Table of Contents
Module 1: GENERAL CHEMISTRY.
1. Metric System, Dimensional Analysis, Significant Figures, Density, and Heat.
2. Atomic Theory, Periodicity, Chemical Bonding, and Nomenclature.
3. Nuclear Chemistry.
4. Chemical Reactions and Stoichiometry.
5. States of Matter, Solutions, and Colligative Properties.
6. Chemical Kinetics.
7. Acids and Bases.
Module 2: ORGANIC CHEMISTRY.
8. Functional Groups and Nomenclature.
10. Substitution Reactions.
11. Addition Reactions.
12. Elimination Reactions.
13. Oxidation-Reduction Reactions.
Module 3: BIOCHEMISTRY.
16. Proteins, Protein Synthesis and Enzymes.
17. Nucleotides and Gene Expression.