VBScript is a programming language that is simple enough for beginners and makes learning fundamental programming concepts easy. But as you’ll learn in this updated fourth edition of MICROSOFT WSH AND VBSCRIPT PROGRAMMING FOR THE ABSOLUTE BEGINNER, VBScript is also a powerful scripting language through which you can learn even the most advanced programming concepts. No complex programming environment is required: You can create VBScripts using a simple text editor such as Windows Notepad, and VBScripts can be run on WSH (Windows Script Host) and several other environments. If you are new to programming with Microsoft WSH and VBScript and are looking for a solid introduction, this is the book for you. This revised fourth edition covers WSH 5.7 and VBScript 5.7. Get started programming today, with MICROSOFT WSH AND VBSCRIPT PROGRAMMING FOR THE ABSOLUTE BEGINNER, FOURTH EDITION.
Table of Contents
PART I: INTRODUCING THE WSH AND VBSCRIPT.
1. Getting Started with the WSH and VBScript.
2. Overview of the Windows Script Host.
PART II: LEARNING VBSCRIPT AND WSH SCRIPTING.
3. VBScript Basics.
4. Constants, Variables, Arrays, and Dictionaries.
5. Conditional Logic.
6. Processing Collections of Data.
7. Using Procedures to Organize Scripts.
PART III: ADVANCED TOPICS.
8. Storing and Retrieving Data.
9. Handling Script Errors.
10. Using the Windows Registry to Configure Scripts Settings.
11. Working with Built-In VBScript Objects.
12. Combining Different Scripting Languages.
13. Working with Windows Management Instrumentation.
14. Adding a GUI Interface to Your Scripts.
PART IV: APPENDICES.
Appendix A. WSH Administrative Scripting.
Appendix B. Introducing Remote WSH.
Appendix C. Built-In VBScript Functions.