PLANNING EFFECTIVE INSTRUCTION: DIVERSITY RESPONSIVE METHODS AND MANAGEMENT, Fifth Edition, fully equips readers to teach in ways that meet the needs of all students in today's diverse classroom. The four-part organization corresponds with a framework for diversity responsive teaching that helps focus teachers' efforts in planning for diversity. Represented by a visual organizer, this framework helps readers see that what they teach, how they teach, and the context for teaching interact to bring about the success of all students. As readers use the book--now integrated with InTASC Standards--they will find numerous resources and exercises that will both lay the foundation for their future work and prove useful as a tool that they can reference throughout their teaching careers.
Available with InfoTrac® Student Collections http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
Table of Contents
Part I: PLANNING WHAT TO TEACH.
1. Thinking about Content.
2. Writing Objectives.
Part II: HOW TO TEACH.
3. General Approaches to Universal Instructional Interventions.
4. Critical Teaching Skills for Focusing Attention.
5. Critical Teaching Skills for Presenting Information.
6. Critical Teaching Skills for Promoting Active Participation.
7. Critical Teaching Skills for Planning Practice and Monitoring Student Progress.
8. Critical Teaching Skills for Planning Partner and Small-Group Work.
9. Selected Instructional Interventions.
Part III: THE CONTEXT FOR TEACHING AND LEARNING.
10. Supporting Student Behavior.
11. Critical Management Skills for Communicating with Students.
12. Critical Management Skills for Structuring the Learning Environment.
Part IV: WRITING YOUR PLAN.
13. Lessons versus Activities.
14. Lesson Planning.
15. Activity Planning.
PREFACE TO THE LESSON MODELS.
16. Direct Instruction.
17. Informal Presentation.
18. Structured Discovery.
19. Teaching Specialized Content.
20. Editing Your Plan.
21. Using the Framework for Diversity Responsive Teaching.