Specifically focused on the school counseling profession, the cutting-edge new SCHOOL BASED GROUP COUNSELING delivers a professional, comprehensive, and well-balanced group counseling text for K-12 preservice school counselors. Combining theory, research, case studies, real-world examples, and plenty of hands-on material, this exciting new First Edition walks preservice school counselors step by step through the development, planning, implementation, and evaluation of small groups in school counseling. Written by professionals in the field, it offers thorough discussions of K-12 case studies and group examples from practicing school counselors. It also provides an excellent context for group work through a discussion of the pertinent theories and key research. The authors use the lens of real-world, school-based practice, strengths-based counseling, systems thinking, developmental psychology, and ASCA's National Model.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Small Groups in Today's Schools.
2. Foundations of School-Based Group Counseling.
3. The Basics of Group Preparation and Implementation.
4. Facilitating Small Groups.
5. Professional Considerations in Conducting Groups in Schools.
6. Groups for Elementary School Students.
7. Groups for Middle School and Junior High School Students.
8. Groups for High School Students.
9. Small Groups for Students with Special Needs.
10. Small Groups for Students of Color: Multicultural Considerations.