About the Authors.
1. Helping Parents Learn about Stuttering in Children: Information for Clinicians, Students, and Parents.
2. Strategies for Counseling Parents of Children Who Stutter.
3. Strategies for Assessment of Fluency Disorders.
4. Explaining the Progress of Treatment and Recovery to Children and Parents.
5. Strategies for Developing Individualized Education Programs.
6. Working with Teachers.
7. Basic Stuttering Therapy Skills: Therapy Principles, Activities, and Evidence-Based
8. Direct and Indirect Therapy for Preschool Children.
9. Strategies for Teaching Normal Speech Production and Fluency-Enhancing
10. Strategies for Desensitization and Teaching the Causes of Stuttered Speech
11. Strategies for Modifying Stuttered Speech
12. Transfer and Maintenance.
13. Strategies for Cluttering Evaluation and Therapy.
14. Stuttering and the Brain: Contemporary Neuroimaging Research.
15:The In-The-Ear SpeechEasy Device and the Influence of Altered Auditory Feedback.
Goal 1: Parent and Caregiver Involvement.
Goal 2: Teacher and Peer Education.
Goal 3: Success in Working with Young Children.
Goal 4: Determining What Is Interfering with Normal Speech Production.
Goal 5: Establishing Fluency Through Increasingly Longer and More Complex Stimuli.
Goal 6: Facilitating Adequate Breath Support.
Goal 7: Controlling Speaking Rate.
Goal 8: Establishing Light Articulatory Contacts and Movements.
Goal 9: Facilitation of Oral Motor Planning and Coordination.
Goal 10: Desensitization Intervention.
Goal 11: Reduction of Avoidance Behaviors.
Goal 12: Modification of the Stuttering Moment.
Goal 13: Facilitation of Development of Self-Awareness and Self-Monitoring Skills
Goal 14: Facilitation of a Positive Attitude toward Communication and Improved Self-Confidence in Communicative Competence
Goal 15. Transfer and Maintenance of Fluency into Everyday Speaking Situation.
Goal 16:Cluttering Therapy
Handout A: Children's Speech, Language, and Hearing History (English).
Handout B: Recommended Parent Interview Questions (English).
Handout C: ASHA Oral Mechanism Examination for Children and Adults (English).
Handout D: Fluency Evaluation Results (English).
Handout E: To the Parents of the Nonfluent Child (English).
Handout F: To the Teacher of the Nonfluent Child (English).
Handout G: Follow-Up and Fluency Maintenance(English).
Handout H: Fluency Information from the Teacher.
HANDOUT I: Stuttering Severity Rating
Handout J: Available Resources.
Handout A: (Spanish) Historial Médico del Habla, Lenguaje y Audición.
Handout B: (Spanish) Preguntas Recomendadas para Entrevistas con los Padres.
Handout C: (Spanish) Examen de ASHA del Mecanismo Oral para Niños y Adultos.
Handout D: (Spanish) Resultados de la Evaluación de la Fluidez.
Handout E: (Spanish) A los Padres del Niño con Desfluidez.
Handout F: (Spanish) Al Maestro del Niño con Desfluidez.
Handout G: (Spanish) Resultados y Mantenimiento de la Fluidez.
An Example of a Comprehensive Instruction Package for School-Age Stuttering: Reproducible Worksheets for Clinicians, Clients, and Family.