Now you can introduce purchasing, operations, and logistics with a strong supply chain management focus found in the latest edition of Wisner/Tan/Leong's PRINCIPLES OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: A BALANCED APPROACH. This unique new third edition presents extensive content you won't find covered in other books. The authors' expansive approach helps you guide students through the management stages of each supply chain activity while addressing real-world concerns related to the global supply chain.
With this edition, you can follow the natural flow through the supply chain with one of the most balanced supply chain management approaches available. Well-organized chapters demonstrate the practical applications of supply chain management in today's workplace while intriguing profiles throughout the text build on topics to reinforce learning. Numerous new cases in this edition expand upon the previous edition's 22 cases. A wealth of engaging and interactive learning features in each chapter are now updated and revised. Supply Chain Management in Action opening features, e-Business Connections, and Global Perspectives combine with abundant real-world business examples to ensure that PRINCIPLES OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: A BALANCED APPROACH, 3E covers today's most important contemporary supply issues in depth.
Table of Contents
PART I: SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: AN OVERVIEW.
1. Introduction to Supply Chain Management.
PART II: SUPPLY ISSUES IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
2. Purchasing Management.
3. Creating and Managing Supplier Relationships.
4. Ethical and Sustainable Sourcing.
5. Demand Forecasting.
PART III: OPERATIONS ISSUES IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
6. Resource Planning Systems.
7. Inventory Management.
8. Process Management: Lean and Six Sigma in the Supply Chain.
9. Domestic U.S. and Global Logistics.
10. Customer Relationship Management.
PART IV: DISTRIBUTION ISSUES IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
11. Global Location Decisions.
12. Service Response Logistics.
13. Supply Chain Process Integration.
14. Performance Measurement Along the Supply Chain.