1. New Land, New Laws, New People, New Theories.
2. Asian Indians in the United States: an Overview.
3. The Indian Diaspora: A Global Tribe.
4. Mother India: the Source and the Recipient.
5. The United States: The Land of Milk and Honey and Sex.
6. Ethnicity in the New World: With New People.
7. Finding Your Place in the New World.
8. Academic Scholarship and Sikhism: Conflict or Legitimization.
9. Old Immigrant/New Immigrant.
10. The Emigration Process.
11. The Student Factor.
12. Getting Organized.
14. Secrets of Success.
15. The Second Generation.
Appendix A: Count of Overseas Indians, by Country of Residences.
Appendix B: Programs Used by Various Countries to Counter the Brain Drain.
Appendix C: Milestones in the History of Asian Indians in North America.
Appendix D: History of Immigrant Legislation.
Appendix E: Summary of 1965, 1976, 1980, and 1986 Immigration Legislation.
Appendix F: A Four Generation Emigrant Family.
Appendix G: Count of Asian Indian Foreign Students in the US.
Appendix H: A Chronology of Some Events Related to India and WA.