Grief and Loss: Understanding the Journey, 1st Edition
- Stephen J. Freeman Texas Woman's University
- ISBN-10: 0534593917 | ISBN-13: 9780534593919
- 208 Pages
- © 2005 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $102.00
This text provides pertinent theoretical and practical information, enhancing the reader's understanding of the process and the dynamics of grief and loss. Freeman views the helping professional's personal feelings, fears, and expectations as significant factors affecting facilitation of the grieving process that must be examined.
2. Death and Dying: A Process.
3. Ethics and End-of-Life Decision Making.
4. Attachment Theory: Implications for Understanding Grief and Loss.
5. Grief, the Reaction to Loss.
6. Unresolved Grief.
7. Grieving Special Types of Loss.
8. Children and Loss.
9. Therapeutic Interventions.
10. Families and Grief.
11. Caring for the Caregiver.
"I would recommend this book highly to anyone who teaches a first course in grief and bereavement and/death and dying. It is comprehensive, insightful and scholarly yet retains the sensibility that is needed when discussing the topics. This manuscript covers areas in grief and loss that are not normally addressed."— Paul Tschudi, George Washington University
"I would advise a colleague that this manuscript presents a most comprehensive review of the literature and includes the most thorough documentation to date of the current approaches to the practice of grief counseling."— Don Combs, University of Texas, El Paso